LIC & LIT International exposure in LICs

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by pippen, 4th Nov, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. pippen

pippen Well-Known Member

May i ask @SatayKing when did you begin your international exposure in relation to your lics. I take it you focused on dividends to start with in the domestic allocation and then branched out to capture the international segment? Similar to one @Nodrog ?

Cheers

2. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

Started international years ago with PMC. Reason was pretty simple. Greed. It was paying a high dividend and I wanted it. Phew, then GFC and I gulped wondering WTF had I done. Dividend suspended blah, blah. Still stupid and stunned when it dropped to around $0.90c I plowed in with nothing but hope and nothing else on my side. Bear in mind I was a totally arrogant prick (still am to some degree) so that side of my nature was part of it as well. Really it was pure luck, along with a general resistance to sell, it worked.

I haven't added much of PMC since apart from taking up some of the SPP/Rights Issues.

Probably in the last two years I started thinking about more international which is why I went for PIC and lately DUI and VGS. Now the international allocation overall is close to 20%. That is where I'll stick more than likely as I feel comfortable with that.

By the way, the 20% of funds is on cost-basis. I no longer track variations in share prices.

As I've said before, it's what I do because it's all about me. And I'll say it again, investing from my perspective is one of the most self-centered, selfish things you do. No care for the other party to the transaction, don't know who they are or whether it's their last dollar. Not the least bit interested. See a parcel of shares at the price I want. Deal. Done and dusted.

sharon, Brady, Parkzilla and 8 others like this.
  3. pippen

pippen Well-Known Member

Great insights! Especially love the honest truth in regards to greed!

sharon likes this.