Interesting reno ideas?

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by jaybean, 6th Nov, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

I've completely gutted my place so it's a blank canvas.

I've been scouring the web looking to make sure I don't miss any cool ideas that will be hard to retrofit later.

Here's what I've come up with so far that I was completely unaware of, do you guys any other suggestions?

• Heating drawers - I didn't even know such a product existed, but it does intrigue me. It'll make cooking lots of different dishes less difficult to coordinate.
    • Plumbing directly to the fridge. Nothing amazing but hey why not since I've gutted the place.
    • Built in hot water boiler into the bench. I've always wanted this.
    What else?

Last edited: 6th Nov, 2021
  2. Hamwow

Hamwow Active Member

Hi Jaybean +1 for the boiler from me. We went for the Insinkerator MultiTap 3in1(3003UC) with our new kitchen a couple of years ago. Replaces your standard tap with one that supplies regular hot/cold as well as boiling water. Awesome, awesome, awesome - we love it and it looks great. Pretty expensive so try and wait for a sale if you can. We paid $1030 on sale via Appliances Online (rather than $2k). Use it every day - tea, cooking, rinsing knives/chopping boards etc. Note there is a new model in Europe (4in1) that does chilled water as well which will presumably come here sometime soon.

jaybean likes this.
  3. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

in floor heating - assuming you're south of Byron

jaybean likes this.
  4. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I've seen pot fillers a few times on TV renovation shoes, but I would be worried about risk of a leak (or a child turning it on) with nothing to catch or drain the water. Probably it would never happen, but that is what I think when I see them.

Lizzie likes this.
  5. Stoffo

Stoffo Well-Known Member