VIC Insurance to buy?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Kumar, 28th Dec, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Kumar

Kumar Member

Hi ...can anyone advise whic company to go for buildng and contents insurance.?

Currently with ANZ ins (replacement value).
    Checked with Nab insurance thru bank. Their's is amt insured and also have free 12 call out a year to fix small issues .

Need some opinions please?

2. Air_Bender

Air_Bender Well-Known Member

I think you need to look at what's out there and choose what's best for you. Insurance companies all serve the same purpose and apart from the initial deals they use to entice you they're all similar in one way or another.

Personally I'm with insured AAMI. Can't say they're the best as I've never had to make a claim (hopefully never have to) but I get a discount for insuring my PPOR and IP with them.

3. Kumar

Kumar Member

4. Kumar

Kumar Member

Thanks

5. Lawrence Barnes

Lawrence Barnes Well-Known Member

You only really find out how good an insurance company is when you make an actual claim. I have been with Suncorp for many years and had about 3 claims with them over those years and they always paid out. Not to mention customer service and their prices are very competitive. Check them out.

6. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

We've been with several companies. As we were knocked back by Suncorp when we had water in, and they refused our claim, and then increased next year's premium by about a third again, we moved to Youi. Now we have everything with Youi.

We've had good experiences claiming on vehicle insurance with them, and also when we had an IP that had hail damage (windows repaired and new roof) they made it easy to deal with them and their nominated repairer/s. We had one supervisor looking after all trades required for this major repair. I was very impressed.

We get a nice discount as we have multiple policies with them, and best of all in my opinion is that I don't have to scratch about working out which vehicle or house is with which company.

Air_Bender likes this.
  7. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Well-Known Member

PPOR or IP?

If IP: EBM or Terrischeer have the best landlord insurance policies. You would want your land lord and building insurance to be with the same company so they can't try and handball the claim. So I'd pick one of those two.

8. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

Gio

Never claimed anything but service and $ is good for IP and PPOR but costly in regional nsw

9. private_number

private_number Well-Known Member

I'm with RACV with all my investment properties. Great service and have multiple discounts as I have been a customer for years and also have all my cars insured with them.

10. Kumar

Kumar Member

Thanks everyone!

11. Kumar

Kumar Member

Did any one have Nab insurance experience(qbe) for home n contents?

12. Lawrence Barnes

Lawrence Barnes Well-Known Member

That's good to know as I have often wondered about Youi. I did get a quote from them last year for car insurance but they were more expensive than others and I ended up going with Bingle instead, which is part of the Suncorp group oddly enough.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia