VIC Insurance provider for common driveway and 1 unit on block of 2

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by kaibo, 10th Dec, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. kaibo

    kaibo Well-Known Member

    30th Jul, 2017
    We developed two townhouses and had Landlord property insurance for both Units and that also included the shared driveway. This is with GIO, We have sold one of the Units and GIO has told me they cannot insure just the driveway (Public liability mainly I would think) and one of the units.

    Anyone know any insurers which will do driveway (Public liability) and only 1 of the Units? Do I need to find an insurance broker? Should I just cut the property sum insured by half and if something happens just they them to rebuild Unit 1?