Insurance post contract termination

Discussion in 'Development' started by peterpan, 16th Sep, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. peterpan

peterpan Active Member

Hi all,

We are going through the painful journey of life after Terminating a contract.

Obviously, will have to engage another builder which will take time to find.

We have not had access to the site for months.

In the meantime, we need to insure the site but are having problems in getting insurance.

Any suggestions for Insurance ?

2. Tifoso

Tifoso Well-Known Member

Hi mate,

I suspect you may be in a similar situation to us however not sure what stage of completion your property is at.

You can read my recent post in the development threat to give you our situation but basically we were struggling to insure recently completed homes because they were "vacant" during the sales process where previously we just insured them through the bank that had the loan on them.

We were referred to East-West through our builder - the fellows name is Joshua Bassett and the contact details are 1800 809 132.

Without knowing your situation in more detail, he may be able to assist you. Maybe give him a buzz.

3. Tifoso

Tifoso Well-Known Member

Mate it also just occurred to me that in QLD I think if a QBCC contract is terminated using the correct process, QBCC continues to insure the home.

Again, not sure of your exact situation, but does the construction body in melb have something similar?

peterpan likes this.