Instagram only worthy renovation

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by TheRayTracer, 17th Jan, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. TheRayTracer

TheRayTracer Well-Known Member

Another Instagram only worthy renovation and although very well indented, it's scary that people think this is a good transformation. Sure, it looks good, but removing the stove exhaust fan and replacing it with a shelve is just silly and naive. Same thing with removing the stove splash-back, and painting tiles, painting random doors dark colors, and laying a cheap floating floor yourself.

Sydney mum renovates four-bedroom home for $6000 with landlord’s blessing

2. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

New flooring and paint would have made the most difference the rest is mainly just styling. I was expecting a plug for her services at the end - hardly any news is news this day but didn't see any which was a pleasant surprise.

I agree they need an exhaust fan, the old was ugly but they could have put up some overheads there to conceal it.

3. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

It doesnt look very practical. Try dusting those furnishings and actually cooking. Anything on that shelf is going to look oil yellow in a month.

TMNT likes this.
  4. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

I would have put in overhead white cupboards and then painted out the doors blue to match the kitchen and a new undercabinet ducted extractor. Spending $6500 would have been wise. Owner can always do this later. The fittings for the shlf are no different to hanging cabinets (actually easier from Ikea using their rail system)

Is it me or is the splashback wall a different colour blue ? That like a old faded demin jacket vs new new jeans.

5. FredBear

FredBear Well-Known Member

+1 for the Ikea rail system: I've used this for overhead cupboards, you can screw the rail directly to the studs wherever they happen to be and bolt right through a lightweight concrete wall. You can then play with the wall cupboards with location and spacing - even swap them around as needed.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia