Inspirational Quotes

Discussion in 'Investor Psychology & Mindset' started by keithj, 19th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

"In order to be successful in the markets or be successful as an entrepreneur, one has to be an independent thinker who bets against the consensus and is right because the consensus is built into the price. You cannot be successful in the markets if you are betting with the consensus.

We ran our calculations and we do not care what the rest of the world thinks. You know, one of the big problems of the world in investing is that there is a such a consensus that everybody believes something to be true.

When everybody believes something to be true in the markets, it is priced into the markets and so you have to think independently to be effective." Ray Dalio

paulF likes this.
  2. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

This is a story about a bull who would rather sit under a gum tree and smell the wind and tree flowers than go to the bull ring..The young bulls are eager to be first in the line to be chosen for the bull ring..They snort and stamp the dust to look fierce..But not this bull..He just sits under his longterm tree and smells the wind..

The young bulls make a mistake about his behaviour for being old and weakness..They taunt and tease him,only one day they go far and cross the line and the old bull becomes a wild beast again they run away..
    They live in fear .He lives under his tree and smells the flowers..
    Moral is-Live life on your terms..

SeafordSunshine likes this.
  3. willair

It’s not supposed to be easy. Anyone who finds it easy is stupid. – Charlie Munger

4. willair

“Let me repeat once more that great quote by Don Juan in Carlos Castaneda’s A Separate Peace: “The difference between a warrior and an ordinary man is that a warrior sees everything as a challenge, while an ordinary man sees everything as either a blessing or a curse.” So before you start your business, or before you return to it tomorrow, ask yourself the following questions: • What do I wish my life to look like? • How do I wish my life to be on a day-to-day basis? • What would I like to be able to say I truly know in my life, about my life? • How would I like to be with other people in my life—my family, my friends, my business associates, my customers, my employees, my community? • How would I like people to think about me? • What would I like to be doing two years from now? Ten years from now? Twenty years from now? When my life comes to a close? • What specifically would I like to learn during my life—spiritually, physically, financially, technically, intellectually? About relationships? • How much money will I need to do the things I wish to do? By when will I need it? These are just a few of the questions you might ask yourself in the creation of your Primary Aim.”

Michael E. Gerber...

Redwing likes this.
  5. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Full of great wisdom. Better than just listening to it is incorporating it into our lives.

One of my favourite quotes,

"To go against the dominant thinking of your family, friends and those people who you associate with everyday is perhaps the most difficult act of courage you'll ever perform"

Last edited: 17th Nov, 2019
    MWI likes this.
  6. New Town

New Town Well-Known Member

I'd say she's been woken with an electric prod

willair likes this.
  7. willair

I love those who can smile in trouble, who can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but they whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves their conduct, will pursue their principles unto death.
    ..Leonardo da Vinci..

8. MWI

MWI Well-Known Member

To the younger audiences (or older!) I like the 10 Life Lessons presented by Bill Gates:
    Rule 1: Life is not fair – get used to it!
    Rule 2: The world won’t care about your self-esteem. The world will expect you to accomplish something before you feel good about yourself.
    Rule 3: You will not make $60,000 a year right out of high school. You won’t be a vice-president with a car phone until you earn both.
    Rule 4: If you think your teacher is tough, wait till you get a boss.
    Rule 5: Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your Grandparents had a different word for burger flipping: they called it opportunity.
    Rule 6: If you mess up, it’s not your parents’ fault, so don’t whine about your mistakes, learn from them.
    Rule 7: Before you were born, your parents weren’t as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you thought you were. So before you save the rain forest from the parasites of your parent’s generation, try delousing the closet in your own room.
    Rule 8: Your school may have done away with winners and losers, but life has not. In some schools, they have abolished failing grades and they’ll give you as many times as you want to get the right answer. This doesn’t bear the slightest resemblance to anything in real life.
    Rule 9: Life is not divided into semesters. You don’t get summers off and very few employers are interested in helping you find yourself. Do that on your own time.
    Rule 10: Television is not real life. In real life people actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs.
    Bonus Rule:
    Rule 11:
    Be nice to nerds. Chances are you will end up working for one.

HUGH72 and wylie like this.
  9. MWI

MWI Well-Known Member

This one I like if you like poetry:
    [​IMG]
    Makes you think about your journey in life and which one would you take, how we plan to make our decisions or life choices.

10. Kelvin Cunnington

Kelvin Cunnington Well-Known Member

You become what you think of most.

wylie likes this.
  11. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

I hope not

12. VB King

VB King Well-Known Member

13. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Does that mean I'll become a sexy young lady?

Kelvin Cunnington, willair and Sackie like this.
  14. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Do. Or do not. There is no try.

Yoda

15. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

Don't judge everyone else by your own limited experience.

Carl Sagan

16. Momentum

Momentum Well-Known Member

You'll be a ladyboy!

17. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Was Yoda a rugby umpire?

18. willair

[​IMG]

craigc likes this.
  19. willair

Quote..Alibaba Founder..Jack Ma...

'' Ebay is a shark in the ocean.We are a crocodile in the Yangtze.''

''If we fight in the ocean,we will lose..But if we fight in the river ,we will win.''

20. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

In these tough and uncertain times, remember this great quote from J. Paul Getty:

“A man can fail, but he isn't a failure until he blames someone else.”​

willair, Gockie and Sackie like this.