Inspection AFTER auction sale

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by pibella, 19th Nov, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. pibella

pibella New Member

Hi all,

Last weekend I've sold my property at auction (VIC)! (yay) the highest bidder did only see the property at the auction day and decides that she wanted so much that outbid 3 other bidders at the end.

Now, real estate agent asked me if it's ok that the parents can come and inspect the property again this week!? (as it wasn't enough time at the auction day to inspect it properly) is this a normal practice? I thought after signing the contract at auction and paying 10% deposit there is no easy way to pull out, so what would be reason for extra inspection? Just worried that this would be a start of something bad regarding the sale contract

Appreciate if you can share your experiences with me

Cheers

2. pibella

pibella New Member

3. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

The most common reason is to get quotes for repairs and renos.

Sometimes, if it is an IP, they will also get the PM to go thru to do a rental appraisal.

The Y-man

4. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Done

pibella likes this.
  5. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

There would be very few ways to walk away from a Auction contract once it's signed and the deposit paid ---unless buyers remorse with in the family and they just paid more to outbid anyone standing with their hand in the air ---You only have to say ""NO"" once -I hope it works out for you just don't worry..

pibella likes this.