Inner ring Brisbane development 2020

Discussion in 'Development' started by Sackie, 15th Dec, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Thanks @Christina46 :) fingers crossed these can get built within budget! Should be able to.

Archaon and Christina46 like this.
  2. vbplease

vbplease Well-Known Member

@Sackie what are you thoughts on some of the high end properties? Have you run a risk/reward analysis on these? No doubt the pool of buyers would be a lot smaller.. but think the sale price may pay off?

3. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

A note about pools and gates before I forget. I know this is still a macro stage plan but the designer has forgotten that all pool gates open outwards so the landing of the stairs leading up from the garden has the gate swing into it. You may want to make the landing larger so that there is somewhere to stand outside the swing. At the moment they will need to stand on the top step.
    The double gates also will swing the other way. Not so much an issue but consider putting the gates inline with each other so that you create a larger area where someone could put a pool lounger etc. At the moment it's a diagonal thoroughfare.

The other option could be to just have a pool fence with one gate on the pool side and a free corridor going from stairs to ground floor. This may be better for families who want their kids to be able to have access to the garden without an adult having to open the gates.

lixas4, Leeroy93, wylie and 3 others like this.
  4. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Perfect kinda feedback I want. Thanks myf! Rev4 in the works :D

5. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

The money is there, or I wouldn't be doing it. Just need to make sure the suburb you're doing it in has high OO demand with comparable sales to support your project. Elevated suburban aspect is great or city views a bonus too.

I also have a very good /estimating/engineering/building team to trim as much fat off the costs as possible. It is on the higher risk end of niche developing/smaller pool of buyers so as long as it matches your risk tolerances then it's fine.

Last edited: 26th Feb, 2020
    Archaon likes this.
  6. MWI

MWI Well-Known Member

I think I agree with you, as you cater to your demographic market for the area. I know of few who have struggled with re-sales at the top end of town, like in Hamilton, but we are talking prices say $5M+.
    My spouse always reminds me that every product has its price.:D

7. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Yep 5m plus is a very different market tbh. I would not want to be operating in that price bracket for a home in Brisbane. Now if in Sydney, no problem at all :)

8. vbplease

vbplease Well-Known Member

I was more curious about the $2.5m+ e.g. double height voids, 6 car garages, reinforced concrete suspended floors achieving full open plan..

I thought you targeted $1.5-2.0m? Much bigger pool of buyers in this range than $2.5m?

9. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

@Westminster would you do something like this or different? youll have to excuse my terrible drawings.

Or would you move the fence abit back to allow for pool seats within the immediate pool area?
    rev3b.PNG

Last edited: 26th Feb, 2020
  10. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I do target that price point but comparatively speaking to most buyers, there is a smaller buyer pool.

The 2.5m plus with the features you mentioned is an even smaller buyer pool and would need to be even closer to the CBD with views imo. Again, probably a little more risk. But at the end of the day as my good friend always tells me.. you only need 1 committed buyer and a good agent.

vbplease likes this.
  11. Westminster

No, I was more thinking something more like this - pink lines are me :)

It allows people to follow the red line and get from house to garden with no gates. It still allows a small section of deck with the pool where you can sit if you are supervising children. If your children area older then you can supervise from patio etc

rev3b.PNG

Sackie likes this.
  12. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

If I ever develop in Perth, you're my PM there!

Will suggest your idea to my drafty :) Anymore bright ideas before I call him to light up his day? :D

13. Westminster

Can I have a window in the laundry? :p

Brady likes this.
  14. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I'll try my best...

More money you're costing me..:oops:

How about some cost saving ideas...:D

Brady likes this.
  15. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

@Westminster I'm putting a glass door like my last dev. Should be plenty of light to enter so not sure if I need a window tbh.

displayfile (5).jpeg

16. Westminster

Cool. I was thinking more in terms of ventilation seeing as you’ve got quite a long wall you could put it on. But if you have an aluminium glass door that’s will handle light so not a biggie if you don’t do window as well.

17. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Yeah I think it should be ok . I have a lot of room to lower costs by reducing bits and pieces of the floor plan if need be. My competition is approximately getting in 70-80% of what I'm doing. So I'm going an extra 20% in order to stand out. I do this from the beginning because if I start out 'less', I'll never get 'more' costed to what I need. Not sure if I'm making sense. I've just found that starting off with more and then cutting back later if need be is generally better .

Archaon likes this.
  18. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Plans update:
    - moved basin in power room to center. I envision a big round mirror on the wall and larger basin .

- moved vanity and shower around in bathroom to make shower/bath a wet area.

- made the pool deck more kid friendly thanks @Westminster

- @Brady I think all the towel rails are now accounted for :) double vanity now in 5th bedroom ensuite ( thanks for costing me more! Agent said unnecessary but you got me liking it so it $tays.

- 4th bedroom squared off a tad more

Now I got the mammoth task to spec these puppies....o_O looking at the space allocated to each room, these homes will be massive. Bigger than my last splitter build and walking through that one, it was big. But these are less than 4km from the CBD with City skyline views so the size is warranted. Let's see how costing goes. Hope I don't have to change much.

2nd level:
    Screenshot_20200228-050106.png

1st level ( street)

Screenshot_20200228-050142.png

Ground level:
    Screenshot_20200228-050227.png

Screenshot_20200228-050252.png

Screenshot_20200228-052702.png

Screenshot_20200228-052715.png

Screenshot_20200228-052641.png

Last edited: 28th Feb, 2020
  19. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

On a separate note, we were contacted by QUU and advised that they were able to undertake construction of the water connection via a Standard Connection Application.

My DRW consultants were surprised by this as similar applications lodged in the past had been rejected for the Standard format. Overall this is a big win as it will save an exponential amount of time on approval and construction of services. No complaints from me!:D:cool: okay off to bed now.

Archaon likes this.
  20. Brady

Brady Well-Known Member

Looking great - sorry for the extra costing :)
    Awesome looking homes!

Sackie likes this.