QLD Inner Brisbane Southside Units..

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by willair, 19th Nov, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Just wondering if anyone has purchased any 2bed walk-up units in blocks of 4 over the past six months on the inner southside Annerley to West End ..
    Hopefully this morning ---the unit I have been trying to close the sale on for the past 7 weeks for one of our daughters ..
    The property has been on market for over a year--same Agent who is working for the vendor not the buyer ..They don't have to sell -the title is in one name for over 7 years and maybe 40k down from what the purchase price 7 years ago..
    Strange in this small residential area some of the for sale signs are starting to fade in the Qld Sun ..

2. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

Actually, the agent IS working for the vendor who employs and pays them.
    Marg

3. willair

Only my opinion Marg4000---But the agent is working for themselves ..
    The agents that say very little and just listens and looks you up and down ,and know they have someone standing in front of them that may well be the next sale, because most agents know full well what happened last week means ""SWF"" till their next sale..

4. Codie

Codie Well-Known Member

This has been going on for awhile? why the hold up?

5. willair

The agent has told the vendors the face value over one year ago sole listing---and that's the price they want as it may have been a satisfactory investment on paper 7 years ago it is a very different value today as most long-term investors I know do not make rushed decisions and know from experience if any purchase of a particular property is unsuccessful ,another will ""ALWAYS"" eventuate ..
    Only my opinion but the agent may well use this property as a spring -board or the advertiser ..They show buyers this property which has been the same price for over a year--then they show the same buyer another property 75k less walking distance then wacko..Anyway as the 10 deadline is not that far away it does not look like I will be calling RPI to complete the legal side of the sale..

6. Codie

Codie Well-Known Member

So what your saying is the owner wont accept your offer, placed 4 months ago?

7. willair

No Codie,the second offer was signed -off on mid last week--plus a developer I have know for 35 years told me that small pocket one section of the street is about to be rezoned ,but who knows the agent may well know that if they are well connected --but I don't think they do..

8. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

The agent has you figured out. You have been pursuing this purchase for two months now so clearly you are very keen to get it.
    Marg

9. willair

I guess so Marg4000 she had me wired 100%,till I told their office at 11.00 this morning just transfer the 35k deposit from your trust fund back into my account as the time up by the clause within the contract---and the other person you have in line who from what I was told will pay the asking price let them have it..

Tom Rivera and Marg4000 like this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia