ING Orange Everyday + Savings Maximiser

Discussion in 'Money Management & Banking' started by Redwing, 19th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

Anyone using the above accounts?

At ING you open a savings maximiser (savings account) and a orange everyday (transaction account), both free. You then link together, so that transfers between accounts are instant. Orange everyday account gives you a visa debit card to use for free as well.

It would seem to be a good account for having your wages go into?
    • Use any ATM in Australia for free (any bank, anywhere) when you deposit your pay of $1,000+ each month.
    • No monthly 'account keeping' fees
    • Get 2% cash back on Visa payWave purchases under $100 in Australia when you deposit your pay of $1,000+ each month.

Perthguy likes this.
  2. 380

380 Well-Known Member

It's a good product! I use to have same set up for few years.
    Then

Ended up switching to citi bank..as they offer free international ATM withdrawals.

3. MRTLR1000

MRTLR1000 Active Member

been using ING account for a while..funny, only this morning was saying its as thou ING are a friend, not like other banks. Any ATM, they pay the withdrawal fee...they give cash back as well on transactions, instant transfers...also what i like, is sometimes an auto debit will come out, and take it to negative, they honor it, send you a txt to say 3 days to get it back to positive and no charge. I have a car account and use it...but we all know they are not our friends! but would recommend it for easy daily transactions...

4. Chilliblue

Chilliblue Well-Known Member

Working well for me with no problems to date

5. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

Have had a Savings Maximiser for about 8 years.

Our 13 year old son's investment account.

6. sonofthewest

sonofthewest Active Member

I've had a Savings Maximiser account since the early 2000s, and the Everyday Account for about 2 years as well. I'd recommend both, especially the lack of account keeping or ATM fees (if your salary gets paid into the account each month).

Having both accounts results in your Maximiser getting an interest rate boost. Nothing especially remarkable given the ongoing low interest rates at the moment, but it's on part with UBank and other popular 'high' interest savings accounts.

7. Redwing

I see ING has taken its no-ATM-fee policy for Orange Everyday and Orange One customers around the globe and has also removed international transaction fees (when you deposit $1,000 or more per month and make 5+ card purchases)

Perthguy likes this.
  8. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

I have been using this setup for years. They are good accounts for me.

9. mikey7

mikey7 Well-Known Member

Hmm this is really good!
    My current bank charges 3% for international fees. So, when we go to Japan next year, this could potentially save us 5% on transactions up to $100, and 3% on anything above.
    I'm going to have to look into this - every dollar counts..

Perthguy likes this.
  10. Otie

Otie Well-Known Member

Yes they are great
    We use for our “splurge” and have a second orange everyday account for our household bills and expenses.
    They’re great. I wish they offered a business banking product and also if their servicing was good I’d love to have my mortgages with them.

11. Hodor

Hodor Well-Known Member

Is there a limit on this? I paywave everything so 2% would add up

12. Redwing

Conditions have changed since the original post, so no more 2%, the $100 on joining seems o have dropped to around $25 of late also, they do still rebate any ATM fees though and no account fees; Still not a bad set up. Looking at Whirlpool etc I think a few people jumped ship to RAMS & U-BANK for the higher savings rates (Savings Maximiser)

13. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

I have 2 loans with ING. They are ok. They have some quirks though. Last I checked there is a limit of 2 Orange Advantage loans. It's a bit of a nuisance but not the end of the world.

14. Otie

Otie Well-Known Member

Same issue with the everyday accounts- you can only have two