VIC Infrastructure and job growth data

Discussion in 'Property Analysis' started by Prop_invest, 22nd Sep, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Prop_invest

Prop_invest Well-Known Member

Hi,

I was wondering where I may get Local Government spending on infrastructures currently and in the future in one go? I imagine if I visit individual council websites they may have some scattered information here or there. Is there a better way to collect such data? do they get all the funds from the state gov?

How do you gather information on future/potential big projects? from News? if so which source would mention on a local government scale?

I have the same question about job growth in a region? how one may get data for that? I have looked on ABS data and there are state (or large cities) data on unemployment rate but nothing for finer scale or on added jobs (job growth/creation)

Is there any place I can access free data on housing affordability for LGAs or suburbs?

Thanks

Last edited: 22nd Sep, 2021
  2. NWHT

NWHT Well-Known Member

Hi @Prop_invest, I'm not an expert but I would expect council spending/ infrastructure investment spending to be detailed in Council annual general meeting minutes and financial statements, which are open to the public. If you can't find them online, best to go straight to the local council which you are interested in and request a copy.

Unfortunately, to find out about future projects, I don't believe there is an easy way to obtain this data besides hours of research and collating information from multiple sources. Typically local newspapers are well across these projects.

Prop_invest likes this.
  3. PinkPanther

PinkPanther Well-Known Member

You can try:
    Home | Infrastructure Australia

Prop_invest likes this.