Induction Cooktop, Built-In Oven & Rangehood

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Simpsons, 6th Apr, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Simpsons

Simpsons Well-Known Member

As part of our kitchen renovation we will be putting in a new Induction Cooktop, Built-In Oven & Rangehood. I guess picking out the appliances first before getting the cabinets made is the right way to go, so the sizing all stacks up.

Currently we have our electric cooktop and oven in 2 completely different locations of our kitchen, but we want to have it where the cooktop and oven is one over the other. Would there be much electrical work required to have the oven installed below the cooktop? Currently there's cabinets currently below it.

Does anyone have any recommendation on good brands/models or brands/models to avoid for Induction Cooktops, Built-In Ovens & Rangehoods and which websites/stores to consider buying for good prices?

Looking at Appliances Online, it looks like Haier brand is a appliance package they offer. Is Haier any good?
    Appliances Online

Regarding ovens, would you go with a Single Oven, Pyrolytic Oven or Steam Oven? Appliances Online

Regarding ranghoods, I'm confused by the different options. If I would like to get one to be like this picture with cabinets above, would it be a considered an undermount rangehood or a ceiling rangehood? imgur.com

There are so many different types of rangehoods: Appliances Online

Last edited: 6th Apr, 2022
  2. Stoffo

Stoffo Well-Known Member

Design is everything
    Keep in mind though the FUNCTIONALITY trumps STYLE everyday :D

Lots depends on your layout, windows V's wall area, no matter what appliances you decide to go with placement is everything because you will have to use them daily.

We went with a 1.5 oven due to having family come and go, no point heating up a full oven if you don't need to, but it also comes in handy keeping things warm when everyone does come home ;)

Similar with our 4 wide Smeg induction cook top, no more reaching over hot pots to stir one at the back :D

The oven will be wire direct back to the switchboard, sparky should be able to wire easily.

A big one is the induction cook top, I've had one's that have two 15amp circuits, so if an induction cook top only has one 10amp (normal power point) connection you probably won't ever be able to run all functions on full power at the same time o_O
    *also, the cook top will require an isolation switch nearby in the kitchen in NSW

Our range hood vents to outside and I feel that's better than recirculation types

Attached Files:

3. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Haier is appalling. Its cheap chinese.

Pyraclactic ovens can be a bit gymicky. Some have very small panels and some are more expansive. Many people dont even bother to follow the instruction to burn the residue and clean the oven so its a wasted issue. Its does NOT self clean which most think it does. I have a oven with steam clean functions and the pyracactic panels on rear and sides...Best idea of the lot. Heats water at lower temp and you allow it to soften and then clean oven. 90% of residue is on top or base of over not rear and sides anyway. Also have removable glass to assist THREE layers to be cleaned. No fancy dissasembly. Just unclick and it pulls down, Its Beko. 5 year warranty. Cant complain. Have a Beko D/washer too and its terrific. Best we have had out of 4.

I like appliances online. They also have excellent videos on each product. Had one arrive damaged only noticed on install (d/washer had been dropped) and they replaced it no hassles and took the other. Easy to deal with. They suggested we install and use the bent one and week later they pulled it out and installed new one and took old one. Their drivers also install it seems. (Extra fee option, maybe not electrical / gas other than "plug ins" IDK ????)

Last edited: 7th Apr, 2022
    David_SYD and jaybean like this.
  4. Simpsons

Hi Paul,

I did a search for Beko (Appliances Online) and there are 7 that come up, with only 2 of them being pyrolytic. Is yours one of the below two?

1. Appliances Online
    2. Appliances Online

Also, is the "Add Electric Built-In Oven Installation - $299" worth it from Appliances Online or is it better to get your own electrician to do the installation?

Anyone have any recommendations about good brands for induction cooktops & rangehoods? Would Beko also be suitable?

Only 2 options for induction cooktops Appliances Online and 3 for undermount rangehoods Appliances Online

Last edited: 7th Apr, 2022
  5. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

I've gone with Bosch for my cooktop cause it won so many awards. It's also one of the most popular. Popularity is important for me when it comes to cooktops because they don't have a standard size like ovens and washing machines. So if they crack and you need to replace it, buying the most popular gives you a greater chance of being able to replace it with one of the same size. That's my logic anyway.

For the oven I went with Westinghouse cause it's Aussie made so I'm supporting local. Also cause one of the models has an air fryer built in! How cool is that? This is the one I chose:

Appliances Online

6. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

This is for your PPOR?
    Beko, Hisense are all pretty much budget brands but if that's all your budget will stretch to then you might not have much of a choice. I'd try and get an oven that is more than $1000
    In terms of functionality if you have only space for a 600mm oven and cooktop then I would try and get one of the slightly larger rangehoods as the sucking area on rangehoods is smaller than the size of the cooktop. So I would try and find a 70cm rangehood.
    With induction hotplates look at the type, shape and size of saucepans you use to see which functionality works best. I have a large family so use a 30cm frypan and a large oval casserole dish a lot and they don't fit on standard induction hotplate preset areas so I need one which had a flexi zone. The 600mm hotplates with 3 cooking zones might actually be more functional for you than the 600mm hotplates with 4 cooking zones.

7. Simpsons

Currently a PPOR but the aim is it to become a rental property within 5-10 years and move to a better area, so we're not planning to make it flash and expensive. Also trying to think what would work well for future tenants.