QLD Indooroopilly

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by JSR, 7th Nov, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. JSR

JSR Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, i am looking at Indooroopilly as an investment option as it is close to the cbd, and has a very good school in the area. Some homes in the area are selling for 2M plus whereas there are weatherboard homes in certain parts selling in the 800-900k range. Would anyone familiar with the area kindly advise on why there is a huge difference in the price? Would these weatherboard homes in Indooroopilly serve as a good investment? Really appreciate any feedback on this:)

2. Hills123

Hills123 Well-Known Member

Some are in flood prone areas - when I was looking, a lot of homes less than $1m were on the flood zone map

3. JSR

JSR Well-Known Member

Thanks i guess that’s why there is a price difference, will take note of that.

4. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Well-Known Member

I don’t think you will find a freestanding home in Indooroopilly less than $1m now unless on a major rd or very close to the freeway etc . What is your max budget ? I can recommend some other suburbs in the area once I know that

JSR likes this.
  5. JSR

JSR Well-Known Member

Hi patrick, thanks for responding, ideally 850k but i could stretch it up to the high 800’s if i find something good.

i was referring to something like this in indooroopilly which sold 2 months ago:

45 Boundary Road, Indooroopilly, Qld 4068
    https://www.realestate.com.au/sold/property-house-qld-indooroopilly-136473190

6. Patrick Bateman

Yep exactly what I was saying , look how close it is to the freeway . I would steer clear of properties like that the noise would be horrific. Sadly even at high $800’s you would struggle to even get into something half decent at Kenmore now and that’s a fair bit further out . Nice suburb though if you can find something but it doesn’t have the prestige of indro

7. Patrick Bateman

Not sure how much this went for but you might snag something similar if you act quickly .
    https://m.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-kenmore-137065326

JSR likes this.
  8. JSR

JSR Well-Known Member

Thanks patrick, kenmore has a very popular school doesn’t it? I will add that to my list. I am in the process of sorting out finance so it will be a few weeks before i start making offers. I also have mansfield ( good school zone) and keperra/ everton park on my mind as they are popular suburbs.

Patrick Bateman likes this.
  9. Patrick Bateman

No worries at all yes Kenmore had good schools and is a very nice area. No train and traffic can be a killer into the city at peak hour but apart from that it’s all gravy . Mansfield I personally feel is overpriced , seems to be a big premium based mostly on the school and if the performance of the school drops off in the future I think people who have overpaid on that basis might get burned . Let me know if you find any west side properties you want a second opinion on

EK01, vbplease and JSR like this.
  10. JSR

JSR Well-Known Member

11. JSR

JSR Well-Known Member

Hamish84 and EK01 like this.
  12. gman65

gman65 Well-Known Member

Just some advice.. If you are looking at sold prices in say September, be aware that nearly everything has moved up a lot from even just 7 weeks ago. So buying at those prices may not be achievable right now.

You need to chat to some agents and get a feel for what sold for this week or the last, as prices are moving so quickly. Anything older than that might just lead to disappointment.

JSR, vbplease and Patrick Bateman like this.
  13. Patrick Bateman

Corinda is good mate but many parts flood , the house above this is the flood map :( 577E5BB2-F786-49CD-80E8-DA470B5E6A25.png

EK01 and JSR like this.
  14. JSR

JSR Well-Known Member

totally agree

EK01 and Patrick Bateman like this.
  15. JSR

JSR Well-Known Member

Thanks mate, based on what you have said it looks like kenmore is a good option, any chance you know about keperra / everton park and your thoughts about investing there?

EK01 likes this.
  16. vbplease

vbplease Well-Known Member

It would be interesting if the Kenmore bypass eventuates.. that would take a lot of the pressure of Kenmore/Chapel Hill - moving it onto the Centenary Hwy, but still a big improvement. That house listed above for $799 would be great value.

EK01, JSR and Patrick Bateman like this.
  17. Patrick Bateman

I don’t really know Everton park / keperra to be honest , just my personal bias I would prefer Kenmore

EK01 and JSR like this.
  18. JSR

JSR Well-Known Member

Thanks mate, appreciate the feedback.

19. EK01

EK01 Well-Known Member

Kenmores a great place if you find something in your range. Lived there for 3 years during 2011 floods and it had a great community feel at that terrible time. It would help however if you can work either from home or flexible hours. Moggill Rd is a true carpark during rush hours.

I live in Corinda now and I can guarantee there is nothing under $850k out of the flood zone. You might find something in Oxley which is gentrifying fast but again, check the flood maps before you look at something.

JSR and Patrick Bateman like this.
  20. JSR

JSR Well-Known Member

Hi thanks for your input, Kenmore also doesn't have a train station, is that a concern? Do suburbs with a train station perform better than those without one in Brisbane?

In sydney thats not always the case and suburbs without train stations can perform better than those which have one.

EK01 and Patrick Bateman like this.