Individual Property Sites

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by aussieshorter, 28th Mar, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. aussieshorter

aussieshorter Well-Known Member

Has anyone come across individual property sites when searching for properties? I.e. a standalone site for a single property, away from realestate.com or Domain, etc. They still seem to be fairly uncommon, but I've noticed a few, and when we sold one of our properties last year it was offered to us as part of the marketing campaign.

One angle seems to be that they add another (more professional looking) touch point for the property, and can be used in all the other parts of the campaign, instead of pointing potential buyers to realestate.com where they'll quickly get lost. And the other was that it included a targeted Adwords campaign, designed to capture people who start their property search on google.

Not being an IT person at all, I found it hard to believe that any individual site would rank above realestate.com, but with Adwords maybe it's possible?

I'd be interested if anyone else has come across these sites, and your opinion from either a buying or selling point of view?

A couple of examples:
    www.51twilightstreet.com/
    89rialtostreetgreenslopes.com/

2. MSD

MSD Member

@aussieshorter I have seen this a few times, and mostly for mid-range properties. The other thing is that on the website the agent will usually upload the REIQ contract pre-populated with the property/Vendor details and some other documents that wouldn't go on the re.com listing - like BCC plans, etc.

3. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Waste of time unless you're selling or leasing the entire development.

In the first instance you have to know that the site exists - you don't go to the individual agent's website to find properties in a suburb, you go to domain or realestate, so why search individual properties until you've been to the demo unit?

Many commercial buildings have their own website - this serves as both the portal for leasing (you already know the building as it may be a landmark eg. Australia Square) but it is also the portal for tenant requests.

4. aussieshorter

aussieshorter Well-Known Member

This is what I figured. The likelihood of someone finding your property without being directed there is very low.

So the main benefit I could see from a seller's point of view is to have a more professional looking site that has added detail, pictures, a better layout etc., that an agent can direct interested parties to.

5. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

The quality of these websites varies greatly:
    Cutandbury
    Parramattatta
    Lick hard

They may be a great marketing tool but IMHO too much like hard work to visit the agent, find website etc. Some of these websites are really cheap and nasty so unless the agent can build a great website, it's useless.

Commercial websites:
    400 George
    Parmelia House

@aussieshorter - very basic websites (I'd hate to be having to pay for it).

What sort of stats do the agents provide from these sites?

6. 12506

12506 New Member

7. Hamish Blair

Hamish Blair Well-Known Member

Most houses for sale in Melbourne have a unique vanity URL with a standalone site (well out East at least).