Inconsiderate morons

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Sackie, 8th Dec, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Kelvin Cunnington

Kelvin Cunnington Well-Known Member

Of course; you realise your first mistake was going to a shopping mall at all?
    Kelvin's life tip; NEVER go to shopping malls. :D

Sackie and Marg4000 like this.
  2. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

One of my fave coffee shops is in there....:oops:

3. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

Headphones?

been there, experienced that. It’s common courtesy but isn’t so common these days. Just take commuters on their phones for example. The awareness is not always there.

For me, just let it go. Sometimes it’s not worth the effort to be angry about.

4. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

I used to take my kid into the changing rooms, but nobody would let me change her for another one.

5. Kelvin Cunnington

Kelvin Cunnington Well-Known Member

I agree with Sackie on this - people should be spatially aware and show respect - a disappearing life skill in my opinion.
    But, having said that - another Kelvin life tip - as a parent of 3 kids, numerous nephews and nieces, younger cousins etc - I can confidently say that babies are quite adaptable, and if the pattern is set early that they are exposed to moving around, sleeping at odd places and times, noise and so on; they become less locked in to patterns that become inhibiting for the parents.
    I have watched many a parent over the years wrap the kids in cotton wool a bit too much, set rigid patterns for everything, and they end up with often times kids who are hard to manage.
    We never used to sneak around when our kids were babies and trying to sleep; just lived life as normal, let them eat dirt, let them lick their ice cream and give the dog a lick of it too, rub their face in the cats fur, and so on.
    Disagree if you like, it's my observation of things. I'm no expert.

6. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Yeah your right. I'm not angry anymore and won't be again. I'm over it. I've realised we live in a world where common courtesy is getting more and more rare. Upon reflection I shoulda just ignored it realising it's the world we live in.

All is good. Can't wait to go back and test out my newfound zen. :D

Angel and KateSydney like this.
  7. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

A girlfriend used to deliberately do the vacuuming while the baby slept, so that it would learn to sleep through anything ... personally I was too tired and slept too

8. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I don't know how parents cope with twins, especially mums. Must be totally full on.

9. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

imagine the feminists have a field day.........

maybe the vegans, the hipsters, the anti vaxers, greta thornburg will also get involved

kierank and Kelvin Cunnington like this.
  10. wilso8948

wilso8948 Well-Known Member

Parenting Hack - Have a premature baby (Like you have a choice..) My eldest would sleep with lights on, blaring music, etc. She spent months in NICU with lights and alarms 24/7 made her immune to noise when she came out!

11. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

How's your baby now? Hopefully all good.

wilso8948 likes this.
  12. wilso8948

wilso8948 Well-Known Member

Almost 5 and spends most of her time corrupting her little sister and morphing her into the devil 2.0.

In all seriousness they're beautiful. Everything is fine....

[​IMG]

Codie and Sackie like this.
  13. neK

neK Well-Known Member

@Sackie
    Its a public place. It is what it is. Don't let it bother you.
    Kids are use to sleeping in noisy environments, the white noise actually helps.
    Get them use to the noise, it will allow you to hang out with friends and actually have down time while they sleep and you get to chat.

Just wait until they start walking and pulling stuff out after you've cleaned the house.
    2 hours of cleaning, and it takes them 5 mins to destroy what you've just done. :D

Rugrat, Kelvin Cunnington and Sackie like this.
  14. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I agree and I'm over it. Have reflected and moved on. I still believe the behaviour of some is really discourteous. But I chose to go inside so my choice, my consequences to live with. I have to live by what I preach so I will.

wylie, KateSydney and neK like this.
  15. neK

neK Well-Known Member

@Sackie
    You can't change others, as long as you stick to your principles, that's all that matters. :)
    I lost count of the times I've driven around aimlessly in the car so my kids will fall asleep (and they would wake up as soon as I stop the car).

Now I've got the opposite problem. My 3 year old falls asleep and I try to wake up for dinner, then i deal with about an hour of constant tantrums and crying because i woke her up.

Remember, they will ALWAYS do the opposite of what you want them to do. You want them to sleep, they want to stay awake. You want them to be awake, they want to fall asleep.

THEY ALREADY KNOW HOW TO PUSH YOUR BUTTONS! And they'll continue doing it RELENTLESSLY.

Smile and enjoy it :)

wylie and Sackie like this.
  16. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

After having one baby I have a newfound appreciation for parents, especially those who have more than one kid. And single mums or dads with multiple kids deserve medals I reckon.

It definitely is a very enjoyable journey and I'm looking forward to it mate. Re driving them in the car around, my little one absolutely loves it and she falls asleep after 10 minutes. I park in a nice shady spot with the aircon on for up to 2 hours while she naps and do some work in the car. :D

wilso8948 likes this.
  17. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

I had reason to catch public transport a couple of times this year (being too tight to pay $65 for a 1.5 hour park in the city). Those "quiet carriages" on trains seem to work pretty well - if someone answers a call it is kept to almost a whisper and flaunters of the rules get shushed.

Last edited by a moderator: 9th Dec, 2019
    kierank likes this.
  18. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

They're quiet carriages not silent carriages, I just wish they'd recognise that too. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately they also serve as sleepers for the greater unwashed..... Not a no-stinking zone.

19. Dan Donoghue

Dan Donoghue Well-Known Member

I never had kids but my Brother and his wife used to tell us not to change our noise habits as they wanted their child to integrate with their life and not the other way around.

We used to have parties with music and laughing and the she just slept straight through it. Now she is 14 and still a great sleeper :).

I must say though, I do see @Sackie's point, if this room is specifically designed for quiet then others should certainly respect that. To make matters worse the people committing the offense are mothers too, you would think they would have a little more understanding being in the same position.

kierank and Sackie like this.
  20. shorty

shorty Well-Known Member

Agreed, I'd see that as a great opportunity to demonstrate to my daughter the importance of standing up for yourself in a firm and reasonable manner.

Sackie likes this.