Inconsiderate morons

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Sackie, 8th Dec, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

2. balwoges

balwoges Well-Known Member

No disabled toilets in my day ... OMG my age is really apparent ... :eek:

Lizzie likes this.
  3. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Haha...love to see em try kick me out.:p

Last edited: 8th Dec, 2019
    kierank likes this.
  4. Rugrat

Rugrat Well-Known Member

Gosh you would hate me. I am that parent that goes in there with six noisy kids, who all lost their volume control no matter how many times I try and remind them 'indoor voices', whilst I try and wrangle the toddler for a new nappy and yell at all the kids to not touch the toys and to use the toilet, and make sure their siblings have gone. And sometimes I will even have a phone conversation at the same time as all of this going on. Sometimes I have even gone in there specifically to use my phone, as it allows me to have all my kids together and contained whilst my attention is elsewhere.

I understand the frustration of having a baby you are trying to get to have a nap, and the stress of little babies and the pain in the butt it is when they are constantly being woken by others. It is frustrating and make you want to lash out. It is seriously murder inducing. So I get that, I really do.

But Honestly, you are overreacting. It is a public change room. It has multiple uses. And there is zero expectation of quiet for letting a baby sleep in any of them. Truthfully, they are not designed so babies can sleep there. They are for parents to feed their babies / kids, change nappies, and go to the loo. It is a public space. That means that others also have freedom of use.

Its a bit in line with complaining because the neighbour is mowing the lawn in the middle of the day outside your babies window when they are supposed to be sleeping (and this used to happen to me constantly). Yes, its annoying and frustrating. But just because you have a baby trying to sleep doesn't mean that the neighbour shouldn't be able to mow their lawn.

5. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

There are 2 signs inside which says to keep noise to a minimum. Is it too much to ask that when people go inside they don't chat loudly on their mobile phones?

I get that at the end of the day folks will either agree or not. Which is fine.

I'm definitely not one to overreact. But as a society we need to have some sense of common courtesy and awareness.

Before you know it, no one will be getting up on the bus for the elderly, letting people off the lift first before barraging in and dare I say it... use the words please and thank you.

I do think they used those words in the old days. Phew. We can use them now.

kierank likes this.
  6. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Oh speaking of which - I have now been offered seats on the train on two different occasions :eek: I wasn't sure whether to be happy or sad.....:oops:

The Y-man

wylie, Sackie, TAJ and 1 other person like this.
  7. TAJ

TAJ Well-Known Member

One of the limited advantages of getting old I guess!:p

Sackie likes this.
  8. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Hey I'm not that old.... a while yet before I can get the senior's card.... which means..... :oops::oops::oops::oops:

The Y-man

TAJ likes this.
  9. kierank

Years ago, I did my right knee in (horse riding incident), had to wear a leg brace, couldn’t drive, had to take the bus to work, no spare sears, had to stand in the aisle, ...

You get the picture. No-one offered me a seat but they all frowned as I was tossed from pillar to post trying to hang onto my briefcase and laptop while balancing on one good leg.

I would gladly accepted a seat but no one was ever offered. Morons!!!!
    Edited

Last edited: 8th Dec, 2019
    # 1 likes this.
  10. KateSydney

KateSydney Well-Known Member

I'm with you 1000% Sackie.

If there's a sign saying Keep Noise to a Minimum, it should mean that even rude people who cannot control their children or their own voice volume, are officially being told to make the attempt.

You are not overreacting.

11. bunkai

bunkai Well-Known Member

I take the point but aren't you in the middle of a shopping centre? The sound level in the building is very high in general and you would expect that?

If we need to feed somewhere quiet, we would go to a park.

Rugrat and Marg4000 like this.
  12. KateSydney

KateSydney Well-Known Member

I breastfed my daughter for two years about 20 years ago. Usually I only used the parent rooms for nappy changing but occasionally it was good to be able to feed there. You can't always make your way to a park every time your baby is hungry or needs changing.
    I valued the parent rooms when they were quiet.

Sackie likes this.
  13. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

No,it's inside a separate parents room enclosed from everything else.

14. kierank

Can morons read?

Maybe @Sackie should have read the “Keep Noise to a Minimum“ sign out to them, slowly (so they understood) and pointing to each word as he read :D.

KateSydney likes this.
  15. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I honestly think they just don't care. A mixture of not caring, selfishness and entitlement.

Same thing when you walk into a toilet cubicle and it's left like a health hazard zone.

For some reason some ppl feel that a public facility is free to treat as they wish. Leave all common sense and courtesy at the door before entering.

Last edited: 9th Dec, 2019
    wylie, Anthony416 and kierank like this.
  16. Kelvin Cunnington

Kelvin Cunnington Well-Known Member

Maybe their minimum noise level is inappropriately loud and obnoxious? :eek:;):D

Angel, Sackie and kierank like this.
  17. spludgey

spludgey Well-Known Member

I don't like inconsiderate loud people either, but you're complaining about:
    • A baby crying
    • Someone being on the phone
    • People laughing
    None of these are unreasonable.
    I thought that this was going to be about people that don't have children using this room.

Also, it's not a place for napping. I wouldn't have a problem if someone let their kid have a nap there, but I'm not going to change my behaviour because they're using the space incorrectly.

Rugrat, Lizzie and Joynz like this.
  18. kierank

That doesn’t describe the women in my life :eek:.

But then, they are not morons :D.

19. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I am not complaining about a Baby crying. See my other posts. I said crying or screaming baby is perfectly fine and normal.

What is not fine is talking very loudly on a mobile phone, and waltzing in laughing and carrying on and not stopping either, despite signs to keep noise to an absolute minimum.

And yes those two laughing ladies didn't have kids. Came in to use the parents toilet, loud as hyenas while inside laughing and carrying on, then left. Prob cos the female toilet was full.

Francesco and KateSydney like this.
  20. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

A BCR is a quiet room, used to escape the hustle and bustle of the shopping centre. It's the children's respite area not just another part of the building.

Francesco, KateSydney and Sackie like this.

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.