Incompetent PM

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Martinez22, 4th Apr, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

How do you prep ?

What have you found that is fast ? I am really tempted to just buy a sprayer and spray everything :)

2. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

You still have to cover up the carpet, remove window furnishings, switch covers, light fittings (if you are really keen)..... :oops:

The Y-man

3. neK

neK Well-Known Member

@dabbler

I go wall to wall scraping off loose paint and knock off any loose plaster.
    Then fill everything back up and sand it back down.

Now that i have kids, i just pay someone :p

WattleIdo likes this.
  4. dabbler

Nah, stuff it, i was thinking put chipboard on floors and just spray every dam thing.....in and out complete spray job in 30 mins ☺

Yeah, usually do not have the loose flakey paint, but doi g one now with that and some mould due to water leak.

Scrape
    Hit with vinegar
    Clean with bleach
    Patch etc and sand
    Clean with soap and water
    Rinse with water
    Undercoat and seal effected areas
    Paint

I have to do it myself unfortunately.....the joy ☺

5. Martinez22

Martinez22 Well-Known Member

So you mean badly in terms of quality/prep.. yeh guess so :(

6. Tanya1335

Tanya1335 Well-Known Member

I just love the idea of painting all your IP the same colour, hadn't though of that before

7. Tanya1335

I will let a property go before I will put in bad tenants, it costs all round, had an owner recently who because of a high price on the property wasn't getting an good applications, she insisted I approve tenants which I had received 2 poor references for and the current agency was releasing them 3 months early from their lease. I advised the owner that to approve these tenants I wouldn't be working in her best interests and I certainly wouldn't approve for one of my properties, as she insisted I approved the applicants and released the property instantly.

Anthony Brew likes this.
  8. Anthony Brew

Anthony Brew Well-Known Member

Sounds like a solid move. I can see the tenant blaming you when the **** hits the fan and leaving anyway. Not worth the stress if you can afford to leave.

When I asked my PM for advice on what they thought about housing commission, they replied "housing commission is no different to normal leasing except they choose the tenant".
    I wish they would have said "you have no control over who they let in, which can end up with drug addicts, prostitutes, and criminals" - which is what ended up happening. Better still if they said they would not manage it for me if I said yes so I knew how bad the situation can get.

Would have avoided costing me thousands of dollars and they would have kept me on as a client rather than having me leave, complain to their head office, and refuse to ever go with any Ray White office again.

9. Tanya1335

Just for the record we didn't approve this tenant, we acquired the property with the intention of evicting the tenants as the owners had continuously asked the agent / PM (well known large agency) to evict and they couldn't.

We don't like to give business away, but approving a knowingly bad tenant is something I will not do, not in my own IP or someone else's

Anthony Brew likes this.
  10. Tanya1335

From what I hear RW fees are over 10%, for that price you should receive excellent service

Anthony Brew likes this.
  11. dabbler

Makes it easier to remember what paint was used :)

But I have been stuffed up a few times, with places that have a blue base or green.

Buy paint in 20L drums, is cheaper too.

12. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Cheaper to colour match than to fully repaint for the OCD issue of all interiors in same colour. Cut a 1" square piece of gyprock paper and take to paint store to match it. Patch with gyprock premix and dry. I have colour matched paint to part paint a room (ie a damaged wall) and you cant tell. Best one was a pergola...35mt and I needed to replace two posts. 100% perfect colour match saved me thousands and you couldnt tell. I wouldnt paint my home in one colour so why would I change the IPs into a single colour from scratch ?

Ever walked into a kitchen and said - I love the white melamine ? Same with wallsand ceilings all in budget beige.

Excalibur1 likes this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia