In need of a Mortgage Broker

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by Xavier22, 6th Jan, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Xavier22

Xavier22 Member

G'day,

As per my other thread, moving to Brisbane in the very near future. Currently with a broker that was very efficient at first esp with the turn around time, now waiting a minimum 2 weeks for action.

I am in need of a broker that is efficient, well organised, well versed in property market and have a quick turnaround. Two weeks is too late imho.

Could someone recommend me to a broker that they are happy with that has a keen interest in people?

Thank you.

2. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

This forum is loaded with great property savvy brokers. I know Jamie Moore & Rolf Latham are up that way...along with many many others. A broker doesnt also need to be local these days.

Check Notable Members - PropertyChat and also this thread for names and most have their location noted and are business members. Check their signature to recent posts too.

Two weeks ? Good luck with that. The broker isnt the issue. Its the lenders and process.

Jamie Moore, Lindsay_W and Elle Ar like this.
  3. Xavier22

Xavier22 Member

Thank you for your reply and the direction.

I am not planning to buy a property in 2 weeks! Just want a good broker that is efficient and helping me in my journey so to speak.

4. Momentum

Momentum Well-Known Member

There's also quite a few bad brokers on here who aren't very effective at getting the correct loan that is required. Just because a mortgage broker is a member on here, doesn't equate to them being good at what they do

OP, send me a DM if you want some good impartial advice on who is a good broker to use. I've learnt the hard way through personal experience and chatting with other forum members

FrankC80, Rambo, JetstreamVic and 2 others like this.
  5. Elle Ar

Elle Ar Well-Known Member

Be aware of a general issue with banks being slow in the broker channel currently. It is unfair, but when the going is good, it seems they are reluctant to pay the commission.

I have had a deal fall through because of it (timed out), which was a real surprise. The banks usually love my profile but this was a case of just leaving applications unread for weeks. Watch your finance clauses carefully if you don't go direct.

Mortgage delays continue as federal parliament begins investigation | eChoice

William Oor likes this.
  6. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Gun broker
    Also very familiar with low doc loans and how to get loans over the line

Not on this forum

Michelle Della-Vedova
    Finance Broker
    0434 235 496
    napoleonfinance.com.au
    3/255 Beaufort Street, Perth 6000
    AUSTRALIAN CREDIT LICENCE NO. 389328

Lindsay_W and Xavier22 like this.
  7. Momentum

Momentum Well-Known Member

Agree Michelle is a great broker, a friend used her services recently and very happy

MTR likes this.
  8. Xavier22

Xavier22 Member

Trying to find how to send a DM is not straight forward. Do you mind telling me where the button is for it or initiate a DM if you have time?

Thank you.

9. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Very happy with outcome. I have also used her for my daughter who just changed jobs, she pulled a rabbit out of a hat

10. Xavier22

Xavier22 Member

Nothing to lose I guess. Sending you an email shortly.

Thanks Michelle.

MTR likes this.
  11. David Hui

David Hui Well-Known Member

Plenty of brokers on this forum if you need an alternative opinion.

Which part of Brisbane are you moving to.

Xavier22 likes this.
  12. Lindsay_W

Lindsay_W Well-Known Member

Thought the name looked familiar, my old Homeloans Ltd BDM - now a broker, good to see :)

MTR likes this.
  13. William Oor

William Oor Active Member

I am currently looking at refinance, and have traditionally gone through a broker.
    Interesting comments on delays, also interesting Re: clauses. What kind of clauses should I be aware of?

On a personal note I called my bank (NAB) with some questions on the structure of my existing loans Re: Redraw v offset etc and the comment was, it looks like your loan was setup via a broker, and it's best you speak with them. At the time I thought fair enough, however I have been trying to get in touch with my broker and response is limited, maybe it's the time of year, or he is busy?

If nothing else it highlights another (minor) potential problem with a "3rd party".

I suppose the question is...what are the pros and cons to using a broker Vs going direct, keeping in mind there is some good online tools for researching available loans. Eg. Home Loan Comparison - Interest Rates From 1.77% I Canstar

14. Lindsay_W

Lindsay_W Well-Known Member

Investors who are looking to build a portfolio know the value a good broker brings, if someone just wants one loan for one property that they intend to hold and pay off over 30 years (paying interest for 30 years) probably never see the true benefits a good broker can provide... they're mostly just focused on the rate and miss the bigger picture.
    Those who know, know it's not just about the interest rate.

5PG and William Oor like this.
  15. Johnny Duong

Johnny Duong New Member

Hi
    Hi momentum,

Long time follower of the forum but have never been active in it. Idk how to DM so just reaching out & seeing who you would suggest for a mortgage broker.

hope to hear from you soon & thanking you in advance.

16. Chris B

Chris B Well-Known Member

If you click on the user you want to contact, you just click 'Start a conversation'.

17. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

Is that just their current wait time? Could that change when you're closer to purchasing? If so - it might be worth sticking with your current broker if the first experience was a positive one....unless the two weeks is standard for the foreseeable future.

Cheers

Jamie

18. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

@Jamie Moore that comment was made in January.

A lot has changed since then. Most lenders currently have quite reasonable turnaround times at the moment.

19. Stockastics

Stockastics Well-Known Member

Hi mate. I would like to know your recommendation too. Not able to send a private DM unfortunately.

20. Stockastics

Stockastics Well-Known Member

Does not seem to be an option

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia