Improvements and extensions plus pool

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Camoz, 30th Mar, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Camoz

Camoz Member

Recently purchased a property that is in rural residential zoning. Looking for recommendations on a full project which will include the following:

* Full concrete down the side of the house as a driveway to the (what will be new shed) as well as to the new granny flat
    * Design and build of a granny flat that is 2 bedroom 2 bathroom preferably on a slab
    * Build and installation of a pool on the side of the property.

I have been researching constantly but finding it hard to essentially find an ALL IN ONE builder.

Any recommendations would be fantastic.

* The granny flat is going to be for family members.

2. Something_Wrong

Something_Wrong Well-Known Member

HI

A all in one builder may not be the solution, here are my thoughts

1. Speak to a Architect or Private certifier to do all the DA or CDC work
    2. Pool builder to do the pool
    3. Granny flat builder to do the granny flat
    4. Do the driveway after all works done, independent contractor.

I added a pool, garage and driveway and had all 3 on the same DA, after getting knocked back by council as my Garage was to similar and too far forward for the heritage officers liking (1920's house),
    i removed the Garage and driveway off the DA as to progress the build of the pool.

Then i submitted the Garage without Driveway as a CDC, which past without any changes to the design or look.

The upside to me was, i no longer had to install a detention tank in the front yard as the hard surface area reduce,(Saved $18k) and once it was all done i replaced the broken tram track driveway with a new one.