Importing clothing from China/India

Discussion in 'Starting & Running a Business' started by styereye, 13th Nov, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. styereye

styereye Well-Known Member

I'm in the very early stages of setting up an online business selling baby/child clothing. I'm looking to have the clothing made overseas - as most companies these days do. Where do I start? Should I use a sourcing agent? I've been in contact with suppliers on Alibaba but without viewing the products before they leave the country I have no idea if what I order is what I'll get. I've heard horror stories about the product being totally unacceptable once received.

Has anyone recently used a supplier that they can recommend?

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

You need skin in the game ie you've gotta go to the source to check their quality, physical presence, reliability, integrity etc. It doesn't matter if its cupboards or crop tops, you need to satisfy yourself that they can supply. Plenty of phantoms out there who'll want upfront payment then disappear into the ether.

Sackie likes this.
  3. TheSackedWiggle

TheSackedWiggle Well-Known Member

Bangladesh should be in that list,

4. NHG

NHG Well-Known Member

I'd recommend you fly over and shop around.

Randomly, a neighbour, and family friend have factories in Bangladesh, and Peru.

If you'd like I can put you in contact if you PM me.
    I have limited knowledge of their business', or costs.

The Bangladesh factory supplies Reuben Scarf? Never heard of them.

The Peruvian factory supplies Sol Alpaca I believe. High end clothing from Peru. They have a store top floor at QVB. Friendly, may know some people who know some people.

Silverson likes this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia