Im redundant..now what

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by sammmeee, 5th Nov, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Viktor Frankl basically hits the nail on the head!

Ian87 likes this.
  2. sammmeee

sammmeee Well-Known Member

Just thought I would revisit this thread over a year later.
    A lot happened since .. I got a dead end job customer service where girls where stand up fighting with each other. Very interesting, I thought oh well a jobs a job. 3 weeks into this job I got a random call from a deputy principal to come and have a chat at his newish school. That was on a wednesday. The next day I resigned, they said I had to see out the end of the month...week and eventually we negotiated the end of the day. I was soo naive that I thought I could go and resign and walk out that I had my pj's on under my clothes so I could go home back to bed..

Anyways went up to the school. They hired me on the spot. Started working a week later (start of 2016 school year.)
    Toughest year of my working life. Tough kids in a subject they hate..maths.
    Anyway was made permanent by the end of the year. Have had the last 6 weeks off with school holidays. Will have the top maths kids this year...redundancy was the best choice I made. At the time for someone that needs control very scary. But now very happy I took it!!

EN710, geoffw, devank and 14 others like this.
  3. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

great example that shows that what we "want " and can be is often driven by fear of loss of what we have.

if we cant let go of what we have out of fear of loss, then thats all we will ever have

ta
    rolf

EN710 likes this.
  4. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

I think that was a ... KA BLOODY **BBOOOOOMMMM**

5. big max

big max Well-Known Member

You are never redundant. You were just made redundant by your current employer. Big difference...

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia