I'm over this "adulting" thing

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Lizzie, 29th Mar, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Otie

Otie Well-Known Member

It wasn’t in the agreement but the tenant had asked for it prior to applying, and he was the best applicant from the pool of applications we received, so I said ok we will get a new shed if that will get us a good tenant. The house had been broken into whilst vacant and I was just sick of our copper and things being stolen so just didn’t want to wait any longer. Pm made me feel like it was necessary but I wasn’t happy when I received a request to remove and take away the old wooden shed. Pm said that it would be fair considering the tenant has lost yard space by getting the shed. I wont be removing/disposing of the old one, whilst ugly, its functional (although missing a door) and its not dangerous or anything. I feel like my pm is working for the tenant not me. Had a request to add in a sliding door where there is currently a window last week! That won’t be happening either. The current requests are actually reasonable- drain blockage and a mould issue in a sink cupboard which had a leak previously which I have to sort out. Just over it

2. Otie

Otie Well-Known Member

Feels like a charity!

3. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Remember.....maintenance, not improvements!

4. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Sounds like you may need to get a new PM. If there was an existing shed, I'd have put a door on it & that would be it! No nice shiny new shed & no sliding doors either. Once you give in to tenants like this, it's often a never ending story.

Ed Barton and Gockie like this.
  5. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

OMG - so what do you do?

6. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Fumed & bitched to Hubby......until I was a bit calmer, then drafted a strongly worded email. I waited until 6.00am yesterday morning & phoned them, nicely, telling them that I wasn't very happy & that I was about to send an email.

I do have a reasonably good relationship with the owner of the Business, but the person in Accounts is a total B, (and she's the one that charged the extra shipping)....so I wanted to make sure that I spoke to the owner BEFORE I sent the email.

Angel and Gockie like this.
  7. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

For what it's worth... I was helmetless just before Christmas and out of all the helmets available at Kmart, I chose to buy a grey army coloured helmet. And I'm female.
    You never know, khaki could be popular. 20171221_213012.jpg

8. skater

skater Well-Known Member

It could, but when I order size XXS in shiny hot pink, and I get matt khaki & grey in it's place, and most of my sales are pretty pink skates, for little girls, it doesn't seem likely. Please also note that my product is a brand name, and costs probably double the price of the Kmart stock.

9. Gockie

What a bummer. So skates aren't bought for boys so much? Anyway, khaki would be good for little boys or tough little girls who like army style design. Camouflage.

Oh well. I hope you get your pink helmets quickly. But see what happens if you try to sell khaki too. Little girls may like it, and parents of the kids on your website often have sons too. They bike, scooter, skateboard, unicycle, climb, etc etc....... lots of uses for helmets - for both genders :)

10. Gockie

@skater, am I doing something wrong?
    I cannot find helmets on your website. I assumed it would be under protection, couldn't find any there. So then I tried hardware.
    Then I tried the search function. No luck.
    Screenshot_2018-03-31-11-46-00.png

11. skater

skater Well-Known Member

For some reason, at the moment the trend is that girls skate more than boys do.......or parents are more willing to buy them for boys than they are girls. I don't understand it, but I know that sales of traditional 'girl' type colours outsell 'boy' type colours more than four times as much.

We will definitely list them for sale, and hope we are wrong.

Maybe parents tend to wrap their little girls in cotton wool, and perceive they will be safer in their own gear than using rentals.

No, you're not doing anything wrong. They are not loaded up yet. Hubby has made a start on them, but they are not live yet. We are waiting on a response from the supplier first, but damn Easter has gotten in the way. Because they are in USA, the earliest I'm expecting an answer will be Wednesday morning.

12. Gockie

Thumbs_Up_Hand_Sign_Emoji.png

13. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

14. skater

skater Well-Known Member

15. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Nailing on skirting boards, painting and hanging toilet roll holders ... still adulting ... oh, and made Toblerone brownies ('cause I wasn't sacrificing the Lindt) so maybe also some kid hiding in there :)

16. Ed Barton

Ed Barton Well-Known Member

I assume the shed is air conditioned. To provide a shed that's not air conditioned would be a crime against humanity.

Danyool likes this.
  17. Vicki S

Vicki S Well-Known Member

Lizzie

I remember whenever you set it up and purchased the property. Hope this doesn’t cause you too much stress and can be remedied!

18. Tim86

Tim86 Well-Known Member

Life is hard. Its normal to have days where you feel its difficulties more than others.

What do you do to take care of yourself on those days?

19. Tim86

Tim86 Well-Known Member

Some people.

Not everyone makes mountains out of mole hills.

I think everyone needs challenges. But there are good challenges and very bad challenges.

20. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Eat to much sugar - which I am determined to stop as have put on 20kg in the last 5 years :eek:

I think it was just a culmination things - an extended time of banging one's head against the wall to no advantage - not helped by buying into the blue chip stockmarket a couple of weeks back - at what would historically be a good buy price - and then it all going to custard over a stoopid tariff war. The old "things outside your control" walnut.

Anyhow - all one can do is plod along and do the best with the information at hand

Tim86, Jess Peletier and skater like this.