I'm new here, 25 & new to real estate investing

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Stephen Michael, 1st Jul, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Stephen Michael

Stephen Michael Member

Greetings everyone,

Stephen here, I'm new to the forum but I've been lurking for about a month or so reading around and i have learned so much already and love the community - so I thought I would introduce myself :)

I'm from Sydney and am just getting started in real estate. I am definitely considering outside of Sydney investing options due to the crazy prices here and limited borrowing capacity.

A little bit about my journey so far:
    • After reading Rich Dad Poor Dad, it inspired me to build up my asset column. I became familiar with the FIRE movement and thought yep - this is for me. So for the past year and a half I've been into passive investing into index funds.
    • I then started listening to Bigger Pockets Podcast and it has really drawn me to consider real estate as part of my investing portfolio.

I'm excited to kick off my real estate journey and (hopefully) get my first property this year or next. I would love to be active in this forum, share my learnings along the way and also learn from everyone else here on the same journey towards our investing goals.

I look forward to meeting some of you along the way!

Kind regards
    Stephen

Clean Cookie and wombat777 like this.
  2. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Welcome Stephen.

You will learn so much here.

Stephen Michael likes this.
  3. spoon

spoon Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t look forward to FIRE, I think it would be better to be occupied. Good for the mind and soul. :)

Stephen Michael likes this.
  4. Stephen Michael

Stephen Michael Member

Yep that's true, I've thought about it before and what I guess what I really want is just the "FI" :)

spoon likes this.