I'm in shock at this tenant's antics

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by PrG, 9th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. PrG

PrG Active Member

Perp, whilst in theory you are correct, this kind of behaviour garners sympathy from the adjudicator. Today the judge said that she was glad the tenant had some support because of her mental illness. Well, I have suffered from depression and anxiety too, and I have a serious heart condition, but I didn't raise it because I thought they had nothing to do with the 'rental issue'. Perhaps I should next time we meet. All these things help to paint the picture of her as the 'victim' when she is in fact a manipulator. Should I not show how manipulative she is? I am very emotional about this as it is just wrong.

2. Perp

Perp Well-Known Member

Just needs a pool guy...

Terry_w likes this.
  3. Perp

Perp Well-Known Member

I'd just unemotively state that all your tradies vehemently deny the allegations, and move on to dealing with what's relevant.

I can tell you're emotional about it, and I understand, but I don't think that approaching this emotively will bring you the optimal outcome. I don't know what or when the next step is, but if you can, take a few days or a week to try to calm down, then decide upon your next move with a clearer head. :)

4. paper

paper Well-Known Member

Do you know her before choosing her to be your tenant?

5. paper

paper Well-Known Member

do you know her "career"?

6. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

Not that it is relevant to your case, but you could google her mobile number, if you have it, and see if you can find an advert. She probably won't be using her real name though.

7. citystar

citystar Well-Known Member

In order to minimise your risk, in the future whenever someone requires access to the property for any reason the property manager goes along with them and does not leave them there alone until you can get the tenant out.

8. 158

158 Well-Known Member

9. mrdobalina

mrdobalina Well-Known Member

I had a tenant who turned druggie. She was great to start with, then went rapidly downhill. Department of child protection took away her 3 kids after she was drugging up at home. She had an accident in the kitchen and almost burnt the whole house down. Then I found out the missus cancelled the landlord insurance, cos the previous tenant had been there for 7 years and was a perfect tenant! Ended up doing a quick reno job and selling it to a builder for development.

10. PrG

PrG Active Member

Yes, Pinkboy, it's the same one. I am getting stat decs from all the tradesmen and asked them to attend if they want to. She also rang the real estate agent and told me she was killing herself and had taken an overdose. He had to call the ambulance and the authorities. He is another one she is accusing of sexual harassment. Citystar, a long time ago it was decided no one would go there without a third party. Terry, I've googled her number and nothing turns up.

11. Big Red

Big Red Well-Known Member

Sounds like you have your hands full !