Education & Work I'm all for Safe Schools but ...

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by BigKahuna, 10th Feb, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigKahuna

BigKahuna Well-Known Member

If you were to read the associated links you would see that there was a case in Missouri where girls were saying they did not want to share toilets and change room with Lila Perry. He insisted he wanted to use their toilets and change room because he felt he was a girl

2. BigKahuna

This is a really good example of * feels trumps reals. Yes, please check your privilege--cos the girls rights are being trampled all over.

Esel likes this.
  3. BigKahuna

You are insisting that boys have the right to use a girls bathroom at their discretion. Who had the privilege there?

Esel likes this.
  4. Ezzo

Ezzo Well-Known Member

I would consider the trans-children's rights being tramped over if they couldn't. They also have the right to feel comfortable going to the toilet. They do not feel comfortable going to the toilet of their born sex.

Rugrat and Perp like this.
  5. BigKahuna

This is a great example of queer theory, identity politics in action. " if I tell you I'm a woman, goddamit I am. And you better call me one or you're a bigot"

Esel likes this.
  6. Ezzo

Ezzo Well-Known Member

*girls

And I don't see the trans community as being inherently privileged.

7. BigKahuna

Then absolutely they should be provided with a unisex facility.

8. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Your opening quote was about toilets in Australia. Unisex toilets are not that uncommon here. But you've taken the case of a single person in the US who wants to use female change rooms to back up your argument for not allowing unisex toilets in Australia. Different thing, different culture, different country. And you've made your case emotive rather than factual in doing so.

Rugrat and Perp like this.
  9. BigKahuna

Are you saying they have changed chromosomes overnight? Sorry, they are boys. At the time they begin to transition, they are then trans women. I have a question for you: What makes a woman?

10. Ezzo

Ezzo Well-Known Member

No, but I am saying that gender is not binary code. There are so many things, both nature and nurture that make males male and females female. Brain patterns/connections, hormones (not just the obvious ones), etc. If somebody tells me that they identify as a certain sex, well I am going to believe them.

Perp likes this.
  11. BigKahuna

You are incorrect. The program is telling schools that boys should choose which sex change room or toilet to use. When men transition, their crime rates remain the same as untransitioned men. That is not emotive; that's statistical. It's a fact.

12. BigKahuna

You still haven't answered the question: If you are so sure they are women what makes a woman? again, you are incorrect. Sex is binary, except for intersex. You have either male or female chromosomes. What is not binary is gender. Have you noticed that trans women buy into the rigid, stereotypical gender role of feminine?

Esel likes this.
  13. BigKahuna

Would you like to point to the studies that show there are lady brains and men brains? There are none. That idea was squashed years ago.

14. BigKahuna

Well, today I'm gonna tell you that I'm an black American middle-aged man. Will you believe me?

Esel likes this.
  15. Ezzo

Ezzo Well-Known Member

Nope. My phone doesn't want to paste, but two days ago there was news articles out regarding trans women in the army. Not your flowers and high heeled girl types

16. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

I asked you if you had information anywhere about boys being able to choose which change rooms. You quoted me an example in another country. I couldn't find information anywhere.

The second point you raise is not relevant to the question I'm asking. Which is information about boys being allowed to choose which change rooms they use in the program you refer to.

17. BigKahuna

Great. Yes, I am familiar with Cate Mcgregor. And Fallon Fox and a host of others. So if you're so sure they're women, please tell me what a woman is.

18. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

Hang on, I thought your main concern here was the safety of girls in school etc? If that's the case why the contempt for cate mcgregor? She has nothing to do with the safety of girls in schools.

Looks like you're finding any way to have an issue with transgender people, dont you think they've dealt with enough and deserve to be left alone/treated with respect? How are you in any way affected by this?

Rugrat, Perp and S.T like this.
  19. BigKahuna

I am on my phone. No, the information I have given about the gov funded program is all Australiabased. Please look up and read what government funded safeschools is telling schools to do, which is put up a policy that says that boys can use whichever toilet/changeroom they are more comfortable with (regardless of how uncomfortable the girls are).

I have provided links to overseas stories to back up the factual data that trans women commit crimes at the same rate as men and that women can now not be safe in one of their few supposedly 'safe spaces' - the bathroom. I suggest you read studies by Blanchard and Bailey.

20. BigKahuna

Cate McGregor was nominated for Australian of the Year. It is the first time someone has been nominated for a belief rather than something they've done. I have no personal gripe against McGregor. She has expressed her dissatisfaction with the person who did get Australian of the Year but has now withdrawn her remarks. She has also made other attacks which she has now apologised for.

Why are men being lauded for a sex change? Where was all the brouhaha when Chaz transitioned? There was none.

Esel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.