Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community

Ignore

Discussion in 'Help & Feedback' started by bob shovel, 6th Dec, 2015.

1. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Hi sim,

Is it possible to get the ignore function set up similar to SS, where a user is ignored but as their posts come up it shows the user name but no content?
    Threads can change direction and when its from ignorees you need to back track clicking the "show ignored content " to work out what was said, it also blocks out their quotes used by non ignorees

Perhaps just a skinny header stating name only, no need for avatar and details, with the usual "you are ignoring...... "

2. D.T.

D.T. Adelaide Property Manager Business Member

It does that already :)

3. bob shovel

Not for me

4. bob shovel

FYI sim, it also does ignore their threads that they have started too. I recall that question from a while ago

5. Gockie

Gockie I'm an ISTP-A female, so I might be a bit quirky! Premium Member

Agree with you Bob.

6. Xenia

Xenia Adelaide Property Manager Business Member

4/136 The Parade Norwood, South Australia
    Yeah I'm only alerted to negativity from ignored people once someone tells me or if I see someone addressing them by name in a post - ie just to answer you qu xyz... Then I know they've written something.

I can also tell from the responses of other people that the tone was really low so I have no desire to check on what they said.

My headspace is too valuable for me to allow negative people to rent it for free.

For me - I like it the way it is, I would rather just focus on the people I choose to focus on and if I have put someone on ignore, it means they have resorted to personal attacks to prove a point and that is not the level I want to play at.

I would rather not see anything that attempts to bring me down to their low low level of existence.

I like to argue view points, I have some fairly strong views myself but will not tolerate personal attacks.

Tim & Chrissy likes this.
  7. AndrewTDP

AndrewTDP Urban Planning Consultant Business Member

Sorry. Can anyone tell me who started this thread?

:p

vbplease, HUGH72, Biz and 1 other person like this.
  8. bob shovel

I did. Click the "view ignored posts" button :D
    Screenshot_2015-12-06-10-41-32.png

Sorry for the delayed response :D

Perthguy and AndrewTDP like this.
  9. AndrewTDP

AndrewTDP Urban Planning Consultant Business Member

Haha well played.

Perthguy likes this.
  10. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

Why ignore anyone?

Even the most annoying, hangwringing, Civ Lib wet blankets, or folks with no IP's (and have never had any) who are total experts on the subject, or folks who simply swan in and snipe folks without adding anything valuable to a thread, or subliminal (or not so subliminal) braggers who want to talk "telephone number" property portfolio values - all have something sensible to say now and again.

Even me..

:po_O

THX, HUGH72, AndrewTDP and 1 other person like this.
  11. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

Sometimes I wonder how many people have me on ignore. :D

bob shovel likes this.
  12. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member Premium Member

Even me:)

Its all about personalities, like or detest, probably find most are decent people.

It is a property forum and people are going to talk property and you may see it as bragging, I see it as "the tall poppy syndrome", we all have different views, that's probably why we all need to chill out and be tolerant, its all about our own perception.

I could not care what people have or don't have, just here to learn and help if possible.

MTR:)

Last edited: 7th Dec, 2015
  13. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

I've been around for 54 years, worked in loads of places with loads of different folks from all walks of life, and been on both SS and now this place for almost a decade.

After a time, you get to know in life when someone is "subliminally bragging" and when someone is giving you the straight facts.

It is actually quite obvious.

"Subliminally bragging" is about the accumulation of wealth/assets/toys, but is a bit like the person who name-drops to try and let you know how important they are due to their association with someone famous and/or rich.

There are a few here; I find them quite funny.

14. MTR

I think you should name them....and lets start having some fun.:) that's a joke

Seriously though, I would prefer to focus on what I can learn from people on this forum. Probably the last 6 months on this forum have been most beneficial in terms of networking for future developments. Not even about their experience but more about the skills they have that I don't have.

I can tear people apart with numbers that are posted sometimes but I really don't see the point, its not nice and its not for me to tell them what they may already know.

Anyway, I am not using the ignore button on anyone, that's my choice.

MTR:)

BigKahuna, Bayview and Xenia like this.
  15. Xenia

Xenia Adelaide Property Manager Business Member

4/136 The Parade Norwood, South Australia
    I personally don't care who is bragging and who is successful or who isn't.

I don't care about what people think of themselves, some people think highly of themselves and are proud and others have low self esteem. That has nothing to do with me and I agree I can learn anything from anyone.

Finger pointing, evaluations and accusations of other people however - different story.

I can rip people apart too but I would rather choose to ignore them than play at their pathetic level.

BigKahuna, Bayview and MTR like this.
  16. bob shovel

I was talking to my mate nath (birch) you might know him @Bayview? Anyway we were just talking numbers, having a money fight and doing doughies in our porches... I forgot where I was going with this. Anyway we're awesome :cool::p

But seriously my bs meter is pretty sensitive so it's nice to have time out, otherwise it affects my time in the pc house and may produce posts likely to be picked up by the big brother mods (and sisters :))

I'm off to meet yardney now, he's got some keys for me that I won in our regular poker game :cool: I think I got his last 2 houses. Lucky he doesn't write books on poker!

Bayview likes this.
  17. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

pfft..
    I'm off on my xmas break to play golf with bill Clinton and Zukerberg at St Andrews in Scotland...:p:D

Bayview and MTR like this.
  18. MTR

Lucky you did not buy any of the shares he was recommending, or did you;)
    Now I am really jealous or I should say my husband would be:)

Xenia likes this.
  19. MTR

@Xenia
    I think you hit the nail on the head.

I think pettiness is not an attractive quality and wont make me a better person.

MTR

Xenia likes this.
  20. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Very good :p