if you've hit your borrowing capacity..

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by Elives, 5th Sep, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. DanW

DanW Well-Known Member

Thanks Corey

2. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

You won't be able to borrow more than 80% of the residential property value (if that). If you've already released equity to the point of having $400k cash, you've already got your solution. Use that cash for deposits & costs.

3. hhd88b

hhd88b Active Member

Hi
    If I have 50% deposit and a exisiting house currently rent out for 550 per week, can I get a commercial loan for $300K-400K , my serviceablity is maxxed out

4. Corey Batt

Corey Batt Well-Known Member

50% deposit will certainly get you on your way there, but there are a number of conditions which can only be determined out by a broker assessing your situation in depth.

5. hhd88b

hhd88b Active Member

thanks Corey

6. hhd88b

hhd88b Active Member

with recent change in lending policy, my broker say I can't even service my current debt. My situation is I have $450K cash , and want to buy a residential property valued 800-850K, is there any chance I can have the funding for the shortfall?

7. tobe

tobe Well-Known Member

Get another opinion. It may be another broker might have another lender on their panel that is better, or there might be a policy niche they are more aware of etc.

8. Shahin_Afarin

Shahin_Afarin Residential and Commercial Broker Business Member

Ask your broker to run the numbers using Firstmac or Homeloans Ltd (accelerate and flexi) servicing calcs and then see what the results are.

9. Corey Batt

Corey Batt Well-Known Member

There's always a chance - primarily that your current broker may not have explored *all* options available. If you've been told you've hit the servicing wall, it may be worth getting a second opinion.

10. gach2

gach2 Well-Known Member

Quick question

while on the topic of using commercial loans

can a residential property be purchased under a commercial loan if the intention is to use it as a commercial property?

Example buy residential zoned land (typical can be a purchased under a residential loan) to construct a boarding house (permitted on residential zoned land but once constructed can be considered commercial)

11. hhd88b

hhd88b Active Member

that is exactly my intention too, buy residential and will build a boarding house, I don't mind paying higher interest If need to

gach2 likes this.
  12. Shahin_Afarin

Shahin_Afarin Residential and Commercial Broker Business Member

Yes you can purchase resi property under commercial lending but you are subject to commercial lending terms (LVR, fees, etc) so it may not suit to do the purchase under commercial lending.

What we do is do the purchase where possible under resi lending with the lender we intend to use for commercial lending construction. It saves a bit of fees (valuation, app fee, etc) and they can do a higher LVR.

13. Marty McDonald

Marty McDonald Mortgage broker Business Member

Yes but may have to be a company borrower and same company on title. So as is exempt from consumer protection regulations.