If you had 200k cash to invest what would you do with it?

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by Abooking, 10th Sep, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. The Falcon

The Falcon Well-Known Member

In my experience years ago I invested in my employer as part of a private equity backed management buy out, and I have subsequently started 2 private companies with a 3rd going live in January. I have not invested in any private company that I am not closely involved with, either as employee, founder (2 private companies) or Investor/Advisor (the one we are getting off the ground in January).

I think there are various angel investor type sites someone could put you on to, but not really interested in that stuff myself. Private companies will sometimes go to stockbrokers to raise funds quickly via their sophisticated investor clients, and if you are close to them you will get the opportunity. I haven't participated in this kind of stuff myself.

A lot of businesses that need to raise funds in this way cant get funding through the normal channels....and for good reason!

larrylarry and chylld like this.
  2. cdchi1

cdchi1 Well-Known Member

Well I'd probably put 25% in gold producers as I believe the AUD is going to keep weakening but US POG will stay stable and a significant amount (probably another 25%) would go into a specific ASX company that I already am heavily invested in. The rest would go into other ASX small caps.

3. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

On track for listing 28th Feb. http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20151209/pdf/433p45f432jynw.pdf
    http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01700888

excitin thing is that revenue is continuing to grow strongly, eg in august it was nearly 900k, last month was $3m and this is USD.

mrdobalina likes this.
  4. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Sanj I am guessing you have been investing in similar stuff for a while??? If so, care to share any deals.

Marisa:)

Last edited: 7th Jan, 2016
  5. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ive posted details about 2 of them here. One is the vgw deal I posted above.

Another was in a biotech company called ix biopharma. They listed on catalist /sgx last year; a couple of years after we invested in it.

I've looked at others that didn't come off but generally will only consider public unlisted companies or startups etc if i believe there is not only an amazing idea but the team to deliver. It's risky but can be worth it.

MTR likes this.
  6. Dwalsh

Dwalsh Well-Known Member

Setup a trust ? It resets land tax

7. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I guess I am way to chicken for this stuff. I hope it continues to pay off for you

thanks

Marisa:)

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia