NSW If you had $1.8M to $2M to buy as a PPOR where would you buy?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Jello_B, 20th Jan, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

With that sort of money, it has to be sydney or Melbourne. Failing which look at international property.

2. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Hmmm....$2m freestanding (and not a shoebox) with parking, decent frontage, good central location but quick drive to water/city and public transport (much more likely to hold it's value more if easy walk to train/express bus route to cbd) You have a few choices really so it would come down to personal preference. Random thoughts:

I'm with @devank on the Canada Bay area- lots of gorgeous places in Five Dock, Russell Lea, Abbotsford area and you also have the option of ferries to city and waterways. Nice feel, great parks and village atmosphere in parts (I love the Bay Run personally and especially the federation suburb of Haberfield with all it's beautiful period homes :)) Definitely worth consideration

North side options: Lane Cove (nice village feel, family friendly, lots of dogs :D)
    Crows Nest/Naremburn one of my favs and even more strategically placed once Metro connects with the new station here. Lots of cute period semis and freestanding options so look for quieter streets closer to the parks
    Willoughby/Northbridge worth checking out- closer to water, higher parts have lovely views

Ah there's so much more but I'm sure others will pitch in with their 2c worth...
    It really does depend on what you want and what is important to you. We've bought for many clients in all the above areas (and more) but it sounds like you need to do some more recon work. Have fun :)

devank and Jello_B like this.
  3. Jello_B

Jello_B Well-Known Member

Thanks for the suggestions! I’ll run riot through Paddington for a couple weeks than check out Crows Nest way.

4. KinG3o0o

KinG3o0o Well-Known Member

i will 3rd these area,
    these suburbs are my search grid.

in terms of value/space/green/parks/distance to cbd.

seems bout right for the money.

Jello_B likes this.
  5. Cimbom

Cimbom Well-Known Member

My vote is still for Paddington and the nearby suburbs

Jello_B likes this.
  6. Natascha

Natascha Active Member

Regarding Paddington house prices... and terrace house prices in general. Everything over 5 meters house width commands a huge premium . Also have a good look at layout. If the staircase has a small landing halfway up and then makes a turn it’s usually easier to fit a proper staircase for an attic conversion (or full roof extension ). Then car parking obviously. Where does the light come from (north west etc? Has the house just one window at the front or two or ... (changes to the facade hard to get through council)
    Close to Five Ways (and Woolhara) usually most expensive with exceptions.

Re Balmain Rozelle Lilyfield. Love the area but Be aware of Westconnex. Exhaust stacks for the tunnels will probably be built in Rozelle. Impact on environment/ pollution/ house prices in the still unclear but I thought I’d mention it.

Jello_B likes this.
  7. Cimbom

Cimbom Well-Known Member

Jello_B likes this.
  8. Jello_B

Jello_B Well-Known Member

I did, I went through this house a couple of weekends ago. When I’m back I will check my notes. Thanks for posting :)