If you get mortgage relief for 6 months

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by Brisbane04, 8th Apr, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Brisbane04

Brisbane04 Well-Known Member

Just a quick question if you qualify for a mortgage repayment break for 6 months will that time be counted towards your fixed interest term. I have 4 investment home loans, one house is becoming vacant in 10 days with little to no interest from potential tenants, another property the tenants have just asked for a $100 week decrease in rent. All 4 properties are on fixed IO loan of 4.09% due to come off in December. If I get mortgage repayment relief for 6 months will that mean I will only need to wait 2 months before I come off fixed and can renogiate rates? Cheers

2. Rugrat

Rugrat Well-Known Member

It's probably best to actually ring your bank and talk to them, because I don't doubt that different banks follow different rules in regards to this.

I am curious to hear if anyone else has an answer though.

Brisbane04 likes this.
  3. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

i dont believe the fixed period will change with most lenders

ta
    rolf

4. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

I'm in a fixed rate that has ended and the bank says they are too busy to fix it for a month or so....They will sort it and adjust the overcharge cost later. So I have a three year fixed rate that lasts 37-38 months.

5. Niche

Niche Well-Known Member

To my knowledge, deferment does not extend fixed length

I work in a bank but not in this department so cannot be sure plus we are not extending loan terms, could be different for banks that are offering to extend loan terms too

Brisbane04 likes this.