If restrictions are lifted, are you going back to normal straight away?

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by TMNT, 17th Apr, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
?

If Restrictions are lifted, will you go to OK places/events/activities straight away?

1. Yes

17 vote(s)
    31.5%
  2. No

37 vote(s)
    68.5%
  1. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

I work in a school. It is impossible to do Social Distancing in such a crowded place. If I was a parent, I would not be letting my kids back into a school for anything until I was certain all the little Urban Terrorists were expelled. Would you believe there are real students who insist on breaking all the rules! Last term I was not happy with how they would deliberately get right up close in our faces and touch us and hug us and spit on us etc. They also use the bathrooms, touch computer mice and keyboards, desktops, chairs, door handles, bag racks handrails etc.

Bunbury and Lizzie like this.
  2. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

That surprises me - Junior goes to an inexpensive private school and they were one of the first all set up for home schooling and not a peep about going back any time soon. Although, I do expect them to try and get their HSC and Year 11 students back sooner than the rest ... we're doing HSC this year

3. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

there is a lot of talk that social distancing will be around for the long term, and possibly be the new benchmark for many industries,

I seriously doubt this, and hope not
    Certainly dont want to be wearing masks, or leaving gaps in seats or not being able to have physical contact with other people

4. TAJ

TAJ Well-Known Member

I think there will be a "New" normal for a considerable amount of time.;)

5. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

When you look at all the emerging generations from X-Y-Z and Baby B's then each will be different in their outlook and instead of life getting simpler,the world has become increasingly more complex..

We intend just to play it safe maybe just stay inside for a bit longer because life will not be the same for a while ..

6. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

Whilst not having an experience in this particular niche in any way, one might speculate that swingers clubs may still remain deliberately barren, to paraphrase some politician, who was regarded by some, as the "mad uncle".

7. beachgurl

beachgurl Well-Known Member

Being stuck at home has me thinking differently on how we live moving forward. For a while now, the person I've been subletting from hasnt allowed me to bring clients to the office and a few weeks bavk said i couldnt run my business from there til this is over. So i moved my stuff out last week and will be working from home again.
    Instead of the kids going to after school care I'm thinking of getting them bus passes and letting them come home straight after school.
    Ive realised that we dont spend much time together at all and that it's not just my daughter's raging hormones that make her anxious. She goes to high school in less than 2 years so maybe it's time to be more available for the kids before they decide theyre too cool to be near me.

Tyler Durden likes this.
  8. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Same
    Going to support small business, go for my coffee in the morning and my favourite resturants

9. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

I will likely go back to my favorite cafe and gym, but will want to arrange work from home most of the time, 2-3 times a week. The time saving from travel to and from work (up to 2 hours a day) is massive.

If anything, this pandemic has given me more clarity on what I want in terms of work/life arrangements.

TMNT likes this.
  10. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

Very little has changed for me as it is...but my kids will be going back to school the minute they’re allowed to.

We’ll keep visiting our parents online for the time being though, but everything else will go back to normal pretty quick.