Identifying your ideal (targeted and preferred) 'Client Profile'

Discussion in 'Starting & Running a Business' started by 733, 14th Feb, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. BigKahuna

BigKahuna Well-Known Member

How do you determine which client will be high profit? As a client of property management, I have to say that this is the type of business I would avoid. I am happy to start by giving a property manager one property to manage. If they prove their worth, I will give them another property. And then another. And so on.

If they think I'm 'low profit' because I've given them one property to manage, they won't get the rest.

2. BigKahuna

BigKahuna Well-Known Member

lol, I know plenty of stay-at-home mums who run a business from home. Funnily enough, children grow up and these women are then business people. Certain races?

willair and Esel like this.
  3. 733

733 Well-Known Member

The question I posed was focused more broadly than the business I am in - we enjoy hearing the views of other business people and entrepreneurs to build our understanding of the different issues being navigated across different business types - interestingly, within the question you posed within the confines of property management, rent rolls are valued higher with owners with one property than multiple due to risks if a client leaves taking multiple properties with her/him ...

Nemo30 and BigKahuna like this.
  4. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

Sure I know stay at home mums like that too but they are the minority I find.

Yes certain ethnic groups are very tight, it's just the way it is. Again, it isn't all of them but the majority of these groups will just haggle without shame because it's part of their culture. I don't have anything personally against them but it's just how they have been brought up. Then you get the opposites who are humble and just accept the price given, I find Filipino people are a lot like that, easy to up sell too.