Ian Ugarte Small is the New Big

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by Gypsyblood, 17th Jun, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Joe Bellissimo

Joe Bellissimo New Member

I'm actually in the same boat. I've only spoken to Melissa once but I didn't know enough about her to justify a $5k purchase.

Have you chosen one or the other?

2. Hybrid Developments

Hybrid Developments New Member

I think there is plenty of merit in a new/emerging job market. Where a central property manager community manager earns an annual income by serving people living in close proximity to them in a community hub for the elderly. People have access to them for a certain amount of time per week per month per year etc to help on all matter of things. Exists now in nursing homes and retirement villages but I am thinking on a smaller scale, in large homes, with people in reasonable health, that are single, and rely on the pension. ITS NOT a lucrative oppy as such, but something for the right personality type to move out of a disempowering work place and into something they love to do. Suit the social worker type of person with a passion for human rights and promoting positive lifestyles of the aging.

Gypsyblood likes this.
  3. albanga

albanga Well-Known Member

Went to the full day seminar in Melbourne on Saturday and definitely found it interesting.

I love Ian’s passion but I do think he probably skims over (for obvious reasons) just how ACTIVE this strategy is.
    I could develop 4 townhouses with less stress I reckon than trying to run one share house.

The subleasing strategy is also made out to be a bit easy. I reckon 99/100 landlords would say No and the desperate ones that would allow it, how many are in viable areas?

With all that said I do believe it is a workable strategy for the right mindset. It’s a lot better than most other cash flow strategies I have seen and I would take buying a property and installing 8 bathrooms and kitchens over purchasing in 1 mining town.

A few genuine people that have done the course stood up and spoke and had some great success stories.

gty12 likes this.
  4. PemboD

PemboD New Member

Great to read this thread
    Has anyone been to Ian’s course and done a HMO or Day Rental under his model ? I’m interested in looking at these approaches

5. Beano

Beano Well-Known Member

Surely someone who has the talent and drive in managing these rooms would be better utilised professionally running a real hotel ?
    I frequently see hotels for sale that potentially generate large profits .

Unskilled me however ,knowing little , doing little will stick to being the hotel's landlord instead :)

PemboD likes this.
  6. PemboD

PemboD New Member

Thanks Beano
    I’m keen to hear from someone who is doing it and lessons learnt good and bad :)

7. Linda Em

Linda Em New Member

8. Gen-Y

Gen-Y Well-Known Member

Not my cup of tea - Ian seems to have a great pitch.
    But I could see thru it and didn't sign up.
    It was an eye opener - I have learn a few things. Keep my wallet shut. :D

9. Gypsyblood

Gypsyblood Well-Known Member

I think from what i have seen on this thread, the people who had done the course liked it. Those who actively did it, are saying its hard work. While people who havent attended the course, are still skeptical (like me). All in all perhaps its still viable for the right person.

lixas4 likes this.
  10. Baker

Baker Well-Known Member

This is exactly my experience and thinking.

One additional point is around exit strategy: the market for selling a boarding house is far more niche than a simple home.

11. Baker

Baker Well-Known Member

12. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

Dunno the course or product from a bar of soap, but having worked in mentoring/coaching since 1996 and being a Robbins grad, I have seen most peops will take the info and wont apply it, regardless of the context.

We all want variety but very few of us want the uncertainty of change.

Doesnt make the product bad per se.

ta
    rolf#