I would love to have OCD !

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by MyDarlinghurst, 3rd Apr, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. MyDarlinghurst

MyDarlinghurst Well-Known Member

obsessive compulsuve disoorder

I was sitting on my bakcony this morning to see the man in the opposite building ironing his bed.
    I use to have a flatmate years ago who would stack his tin foods neatly in the cupboard with tge front picture facing the front

Then he used to put his shoes in a plastic bag everynight , and his laptop is glad wrapped whilst used.

2. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I'm sure you are kidding. Having severe OCD isn't funny, nor desirable. It can be crippling.

Dan Donoghue, thatbum and Perthguy like this.
  3. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Perhaps we all have some OCD quirks and don't even realise this?? Me... well I keep checking that the doors are locked, a little obsessive about security a big issue for me .....

Anyone else got any OCD quirks..... its not ruining your life but perhaps a tad excessive.

MTR:)

TMNT and Perthguy like this.
  4. MyDarlinghurst

Oh i keep checking the stove is not on 20 times before I leave and make sure powerpoints are turned off before going to sleep and yep I check the front door too to see if its locked !!!!:)

I not a OCD neat freak though that gladwraps my laptop :rolleyes:

Nor is my apartment neat or tidy , i dont stack tin foods in alphabetical order or anything like that and i dint iron my undies:eek: and i saw a guy in the opp building ironing his bed !!
    Omg !

But... i would love to be sooooo organised and look after my stuff just like a OCD person

Pedantic people do irritate me however .... those that file documents and put them in plastic sleeves and those that have everything in order etc

House keys are hung on hooks, etc ... you know the pedantic OCD people im talking about

Last edited: 3rd Apr, 2018
  5. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

I wash my hand a lot to stop from getting sick. I don't feel like I have to though, so it's not OCD. It is a choice but I try to make it a habit. Since I have been doing this I have been getting sick a lot less, so it works.

OCD would be where I feel like I have to wash my hands and something really bad would happen if I don't. People with OCD scrub their hands until they bleed.

OP definitely does not want OCD.

Kat and MTR like this.
  6. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

The guy isn't ironing his bed, he is using it as an ironing board. When I cant be bothered setting up my ironing board and restoring it for just one or two items, I lay a folded bath towel on my kitchen bench and iron there. It saves me time.

I have all my documents neatly filed in plastic sleeves inside larger folders. The large folders are all in alphabetic order in my real office-type filing cabinet under the desk here. The folders for each of my IPs are colour-coded, with a new folder each year. i also have a book stored with my IP folders. In it I write little notes each time I have to do anything relating to the property. I print out important emails, to keep, but also store all the emails into folders on my laptop. You must hate me so much xxxx

Perthguy and MyDarlinghurst like this.
  7. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

I couldnt think of anything worse than OCD,

you're constantly unhappy about everything,
    you annoy people,
    you waste a lot of time being obsessive

8. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

let me say that OCD for example being a neat freak is all in the head,

I know people that are OCD clean freaks and they need to wipe down the same place with sanitiser over and over again,
    yet, they will miss under the table or the base of the vase,

they also sometimes might use a dirtier cloth which is full of germs, in fact every surface is going to have billions of bacteria,

I could point this out to them but it would acheive nothing, and might make them more OCD

9. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

I keep hitting the new post prompt on Propertychat - does that count?

10. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

As has been said in other threads, I live with somebody with COO.

Obsessive about order rather than disorder. And the letters arranged alphabetically.

11. Propagate

Propagate Well-Known Member

It's no joke. I'm a little OCD over things still, but when I was a teen I was severely afflicted. If say I chatted my teeth on one side I'd have to chat the other side to re-balance, only if I thought them I hadn't done it hard enough or too hard I'd have to then repeat the other side, this could go on for an hour before I felt balanced again.

Same with a little tick, or muscle twinge, or finger click, or tapped foot, ANYTHING. It absolutely took over my life for years to the point where I would cry myself asleep at night wondering whether I'd ever be "normal". It literally took over my life. I had no idea how it started or what o do about it and I suffered in silence, not telling anyone as it seemed so ridiculous. i just thought I was going insane.

One day, years later, I just sort of realized I wasn't doing it anymore. I have no idea when it stopped or why, it just did and without me really knowing or noticing. It was so strange as it had consumed so much of my life for so long then stopped without me even noting.

To be honest, the thought it ever coming back scares the crap out of me, it was debilitating as a young teen, as an adult it would be horrendous, although having gone through it I would now know to seek help.

12. MyDarlinghurst

So.. is that the same as my ex flatmate who packed his food tins in the cupboard in Alphabetical order and the pictures facing the front?

13. MyDarlinghurst

What about OCD in organisation ?

Are your cupboards neatly organised ?
    Does your bathroom have a special basket ir ledge for the toothpaste?

How over organised are you?

What do you do with your mail? Color folders for mail you want to keep or in just one large folder or in a drawer even? or nowadays do you scan your mail/letters and throw away the originals?

Last edited: 3rd Apr, 2018
  14. hobartchic

hobartchic Well-Known Member

My filings all in little colourful sleeves. I do have an "in box" though which is fancy admin talk for I can't be bothered dealing with that right now (less important paperwork). I'm not OCD and it must be hell to have and hell to live with. There is a lot of hope for people though with some newer treatment programs coming out.

MyDarlinghurst likes this.
  15. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

No - that's just regular every day addiction :p

Please let me continue to enable your addiction! :D

Scott No Mates likes this.
  16. Perthguy

I keep responding to trolls. Does that count?

Kassy, Sackie, Joynz and 2 others like this.
  17. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

I dont get mail, not the paper kind. I received a statement from BHP today - then nearly passed out when I opened it. Coming from PO Box Something in Melbourne, 3001, I thought it might be from a bank and like seriously important. But no, just a paper version of the same statement we received last week via email. No wonder big ASX companies are losing money. Our shares might be worth more if only they would get with the times.

18. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Business slow in Perth this week?

Perthguy likes this.
  19. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

No, that's just masochism :p

Perthguy likes this.
  20. Perthguy

On Thursday I dug footings for a new carport at a rental and made the formwork. Then mixed up concrete and poured 2 out of 6.

On Friday I finished mixing the concrete for the rest of the footings and got them all poured.

On Saturday I moved barrow load after barrow load of surplus sand from the back around the build to the front where the carport is going because the ground level was too low.

On Sunday I moved yet more surplus sand from around the back to the front, spread leftover blue metal and two trailer loads of road base, bickered with the troll all day and got in some tv and computer game playing. All up a productive day :)

I would say not too slow ;)

Carport prep turned out ok, I just have to compact before the paving people come in to pave.

20180402_175709.jpg

P.S. the carport is massive and takes up most of the front yard (intentional). The grass is to be replaced by garden, which will make it a lot nicer.

willair likes this.