I want to start my own Real Estate business (Buyer Agent)

Discussion in 'Starting & Running a Business' started by Basharat, 23rd Dec, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Basharat

Basharat Member

hello everyone

I want to start my own real estate business (as buyer agent), to work with all sort of property investors. I have real estate license and triennial certificate as well, got it via mutual recognition.

I am looking for a property genius who can help me establish my business on legal grounds as i have no experience at the moment, preferably a person who has started his own business 1-2 years before can help me out as he knows all the legal aspects and matters.

If you or someone you know can help me out , please connect him to me.

Thanks.

New Town likes this.
  2. Basharat

Basharat Member

I am in Perth, Western Australia. So the person must me residing and doing business in Perth.

3. Mark F

Mark F Well-Known Member

I would hope that a mentor may have somewhat more than 1 or 2 years experience. Perhaps find appropriate professionals (accountant, lawyer) and pay them for proper advice.

4. Basharat

Basharat Member

Yea , mentor have more than ten years experience.
    right now i am stuck on legal matters, just need someone who started his company and know / settle all the legal matters, so that i focus on real estate business and no worry about legal complications.

5. Mark F

Mark F Well-Known Member

Like you, many people who have started businesses do not have a full understanding of the legal and regulatory frameworks that they operate under - so you shouldn't rely on them to guide you or you may end up with problems or at best sub-optimal solutions. Find a legal professional to deal with these issues.

wylie and Terry_w like this.
  6. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

only a lawyer can give legal advice

Travelbug likes this.
  7. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

What sort of legal matters are you stuck on?

8. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

WA requires a license holder to have practical demonstratable experience prior to issuing of the license.

If they issued the license and were satisfied with the experience on the application then you shouldnt need someone to take you on? VIC is different as it requires 2 years experience as a registered agent to get a full license

9. Basharat

Basharat Member

some legal matters for example ,

trust account opening
    Appointment of a auditor
    Insurance related

I completed my diploma in property services from real estate training college Adelaide, have to move WA for job and stuck here.
    I decided to start my relate estate career in WA and convert my License to WA along triennial certificate.

In WA things are a bit different. As I did not completed education here so I want someone who got education and start his own business so that I can follow his steps to avoid any legal matter.

regarding buyer agent business , this one the things once you have got all the legal matter sort out , can start very next day with your own pace.

10. Basharat

Basharat Member

I got my education from real estate training college Adelaide, got registered land agent license from SA and convert it to WA via mutual recognition.

legal things are a bit different here in WA , that’s the reason I need some experienced person to help
    Me out to start a buyer agent business.

Last edited by a moderator: 24th Dec, 2020
  11. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

These are not really legal matters.

Basharat likes this.
  12. Basharat

Basharat Member

yes not legal matters, need some simple guidelines.
    You know anyone in perth who can point me to the right direction.

We provide our clients with the opportunity to select their own investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities. We provide the research to ensure your selections will achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.