Health & Family I got food poisoning, should I go back and complain?

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by val, 21st Jun, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Phantom

Phantom Well-Known Member

Same as NSW Geoff. There are annual inspections by council. They also require at least one member of staff to get training done to become the store's 'Food Safety Inspector' where you're suppose to know 'danger zone' temperatures, safe storage procedures, cross contamination avoidance, sanitisation procedures etc.
    Also have to have a log of temperatures of incoming stock from supppiers to make sure they comply before accepting.

geoffw likes this.
  2. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

While it's very unlikely to be food poisoning in one hour, it is possible. The golden staph in the sheet you linked to has an incubation period starting at one hour. However, people are much more likely to blame the food they just ate rather than the week old chicken from the fridge they ate the night before.

When I was a fast food retailer, I had to take every complaint seriously, no matter how unlikely.

I had friends who went to a new restaurant. Over 50 people ended up with food poisoning, a number of them requiring hospital stays. There was an out of court settlement. I don't know how much, but they bough a nice 4WD shortly afterwards.

Nine in hospital in salmonella outbreak

EN710 and Phantom like this.
  3. datto

datto Well-Known Member

Look on the bright side, food poisoning gives your entire digestive system a thorough clean out. And no one will dare use the bathroom for at least an hour after .........evacuate the building ! lol.

4. Alain

Alain Well-Known Member

You can go back but it's hard to prove it's food poisoning unless it's more than one person making the complaint

5. JacM

JacM VIC Buyer's Agent - Melbourne, Geelong, Ballarat Business Member

Is it possible you've had a reaction to something you're allergic or intolerant to? If so, perhaps get in touch and ask the ingredients. A polite way to handle it could be to indicate you have an allergy and you got sick after eating something from the restaurant, are not angry, but just want to identify what's in it since if the recipe has changed and now contains something you're reacting to, you need to take ownership of your own situation and not order that menu item again.

6. hobartchic

hobartchic Well-Known Member

It an hour, it's also unlikely that there is a food allergy/ intolerance causing vomiting. Usually two to four hours before onset unless it's severe affecting breathing. I used to throw up due to an allergy to gluten but even I did not do it an hour after consuming gluten and I was seriously ill by diagnosis. I do appear to have an allergy to some seeds causing problems with breathing and unable to move but that also took hours before onset and I only figured it out because only one thing had changed plus I had a classic rash and other symptoms (sought medical advice via nurse line). A check up with a GP is probably the best course of action.

TMNT likes this.