I am trying to find that property investment book again please.

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by Kudos74, 22nd Oct, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Kudos74

Kudos74 New Member

Hi, I am trying to find a property investment book that a friend lent to me several years ago. I read the book and gave it back to him, and he has since passed away. From what I remember of the book it said things like. The book talked a lot about property options and how you could put an option on a property obtain a material change of use or approval and then on sell the property without outlaying to much money. The book also mentioned There are two rules of property investment, Rule 1 Buy property and never sell. And Rule 2 Do not break the first rule unless you really need to. The book also gave an example of placing a property option on an old run down house on the gold coast then obtaining an approval and the person made something like over $200K without doing much at all. The book was written by somebody like john Fitzgerald , but I am pretty sure it is not one of John Fitzgerald books. I really hope that I have the story correct. I have searched and searched and I cannot seam to find the book title anywhere. I want to reread the book again and then try my hand at property put and call option deeds. Any tips you could give me on finding this book, or learning more about the methods of successfully having a property owner enter into an option deal would be greatly appreciated.

2. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

3. Kudos74

Kudos74 New Member

Hi Wylie, thankyou for your reply. Unfortunately it is not on that list of those 20 books, nor is it Stuart Wemyss book The Property Puzzle.

Thinking back it was written by an Australian Gentleman.

4. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

not Peter Spann?

5. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Kind of sounds like something Peter Spann would write.

Price Accounting provide investor + developer tax services world and Australia wide for your property and all tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI below for our new client pack and quoted pricing + client portal access. Trusts, Co and SMSF are our specialty.