I am a refugee and also an entreprenuer

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Xenia, 24th Jan, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. neK

neK Well-Known Member

I really do think we have it pretty good here. Anyone with determination is given the means to succeed, how not so well off your family is only an obstacle if you let it.

The video about Deng Adut shows that the system can and does work. Keep education free for those who need it, and it will be repaid later.

2. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

I don't know a few have gone from working in the fast food shop,too higher levels..

3. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

I too am from a family who arrived as refugees from an oppressive and barbaric land where people were killed for crimes that would otherwise appear trivial today.

They braved the ocean in a sailing ship to relocate to Australia where they set about building a life in the fine city of Sydney. Many years of toil and hard work later, they had paid off their debts and were free to enjoy the fruits of their labour. Their work to this day has undoubtedly benefited millions of Australians and international visitors through building the foundations of our fine country.

All this despite being giving almost nothing from the govt except passage on the first fleet and a 15 year penal colony sentence. Against all odds they prevailed and are living proof that with nothing but a stolen loaf of bread, you too can change an entire nation.

S.T, 158, Doncossack and 1 other person like this.
  4. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

Four Yorkshiremen? :p

5. Bayview

Oh, puleeese....here we go again.

I don't think there are any posts in these most recent threads - or in past ones - where anyone on this forum has said that.

I have said we should not accept them by boat - because they keep on drowning.

1200 deaths under Labor's policy....none since LIb (Of course; then we get folks staing that the deaths have been kicked further up the road on other shores - but there has been no evidence of that posted here by the believers of that notion)

I get flamed for being a fascist and racist and xenophobe and redneck for having the view to stop boats..

Excuse me for caring.

I have suggested a solution to all that; and got flamed and received a few childish attacks for it.

No big deal on that score; refugees cop far worse than a few silly words on the keyboard at me.

Having said all this; my next (hypothetical) solution is for the refugees to be transported from Indonesia to Aus via our own Commercial or Navy boats...costs a fortune and I'm prepared to pay a bit more tax to cover it.

Did I mention that Indonesia should pull their bloody finger out?

Last edited: 26th Jan, 2016
  6. Bayview

Agree.

Congrats to Xenia and ll the other refugees who have made a success of their lives in our great Country over the centuries.

Happy Aus Day, everyone.

neK likes this.

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.