Hyperinflation, recession how bad can it get

Discussion in 'Financial Planning' started by Bean27, 16th Mar, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

I'm already saying the sharemarket is an obvious buy. I'm lining up as much cash as I can to invest in line with my investment strategy and risk profile.

2. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Is that where the Interstellar Council decides to invade this planet to turn it into a giant theme park? :eek::eek::eek::eek: Definitely plausible from the rumours I heard....

The Y-man

3. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

The hard part is to keep buying assuming it will go lower. This is against human nature. But it is also (probably) the most profitable path. Keeping a very close eye on my own emotions and thoughts at this time.

4. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

If that happens what can you do to prepare for it? Not a lot. So might as well bet on the more likely outcome.

Seriously though. People wait a decade for this sort of opportunity. If you have the resources to go for it.....

whoever thinks it was a nobrainer to buy during the gfc? Stick your hand out to grab the falling knives.

Last edited: 16th Mar, 2020
  5. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Zombies or coronavirus ? Personally I would find zombies a far most interesting issue. Make some great social media streaming and would be entertaining while isolated. Gold and silver arent exactly something you can sell on the street corner. Well actually you can to those scum in the shopping centre at their offer price.

The question is when is a bargain a bargain ? Is it when you buy or when you know it was the bottom of the market and has risen ?

6. The Y-man

Hey come on! They could be tenants in my shopping centre(s) and they may be future clients for the company my wife works for :D:D:D:D:D

The Y-man

7. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Peter Tersteeg is your broker?

I couldn't live being a hunter collector.

I don't know how to grow Coca Cola nor how to hunt Doritos.

8. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

9. The Y-man

I think he started learning survival skills last year when the livelihoods of brokers came under threat with the royal commission! :D

The Y-man

geoffw likes this.