QLD Hype Moreton Bay Shire Qld

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by sash, 16th Apr, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Moreton Bay...is now pulling clearly ahead of Ipwich and Logan lower Socio.....watch buyers start flocking there once they are priced out of areas 18 klms to the North ...

wombat777, MoneyMan and Whitecat like this.
  2. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

It always was ahead. That northern corridor is relatively expensive all the way to Caboolture.

*relative to Ipswich or southside

3. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Ooii....dem be lynching words.......wait till the regular Logan trolls get wind of this....;)

MorganHB, Ekin200 and Whitecat like this.
  4. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

But I know what you're getting at for example the other day I was out at Warner that's not exactly anywhere near the CBD by Brisbane standards and everyone was kind of well dressed for Brisbane standards lots of professionals living out there I was quite surprised at the demographic. They would be living in brand new houses in the new estates (to their cg detriment). They should have roughed it in zillmere for a few years for gainz.

5. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

ej89 and hash_investor like this.
  6. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

7. wombat777

Boom Petrie Boom!

http://www.couriermail.com.au/quest...d/news-story/9fd979b59637c1336e391016a41249f3

IT IS THE Budget that brought a tear to Moreton Bay Regional Council Mayor Allan Sutherland’s eye.

University of the Sunshine Coast has been loaned $100 million by the Federal Government to kick start construction of its new Petrie campus.

The Government tonight announced in the 2017 Budget it will provide a concessional loan to the university to finance construction of its foundation buildings.

Though the exact amount of the loan is still being negotiated, Pine Rivers Press understands it will be about $100 million.

The loan is in addition to the $35 million grant provided to Moreton Bay Regional Council last year for infrastructure at the precinct.

8. Pentanol

Pentanol Well-Known Member

Got a bit of scary when I checked out Petrie for the first time since early this year. It's definitely gone up and the property I was originally interested in at just over 1000m2 hasn't sold but they're not asking for over 450k. There's also another one near it asking for 550k+! Seems like the stock has gone right down and there's really nothing for sale close to the station at all. I believe its too late to buy in now unless you use a buyer's agent to negotiate for you.

Kevvy7 likes this.
  9. wombat777

It has Priority Development Area Status in the pocket between Anzac Avenue and the railway line. That will mean developers and their door-knocking or letters will be targetting the area. Same will apply for the other rezoned areas. Agents will be putting out more "We have an interested buyer ..." flyers.

The key things to watch will be plans for the University buildings firming up, hopefully via the regular planning portal and then construction activity on the ground. Construction will need to start by no later than 2018 for the Uni campus to open in 2020.

Council have been given a $35mill cash grant for infratructure works, presumably storwater/sewer/power, roads, bridges and parks. Logically should be the first work to start. You would think this will need to start by early 2018 and possibly sooner.

Once we have these active signs on the ground we will really start to see more of an affect in the market.

Edit - see this post for early planning associated with general earthworks - QLD - Hype Moreton Bay Shire Qld

Last edited: 10th May, 2017
    Kevvy7 likes this.
  10. fumid

fumid Well-Known Member

Don't think Manly been that cheap before, you might mean Manly west, which is much cheaper. Also Wynnum has 3 train stop, and a few different suburb, Wynnum North, Wynnum West, Wynnum Central, Wynnum Central, especially east of Tingal Rd, south of Berrima St, which is close to wadding pool, water, jetty, park, new library, coles, woolwroths, chemist warehouse, all the banks, cafes, not cheap before, but wynnum west and north was cheap before, and now it's catching up.

11. Drizzt Do'urden

Drizzt Do'urden Well-Known Member

So looking through the local "Pine Rivers Press" there is an article on page 5 "Median prices increase".

The article says it got its data from CoreLogic. Not sure if that means they are reliable!

The figures are for the past 12 months.

Houses :-
    - Strathpine, 8.2%
    - Petrie, 5.4%
    - Dayboro, 3.9%
    - Lawnton, 2.6%
    - Bray Park, 2.2%

Units :-
    - Strathpine, 21.1%
    - Lawnton, 18.9%
    - Brendale, 9.3%

12. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

13. wombat777

14. MyPropertyPro

MyPropertyPro REBAA Buyer's Agents Sutherland Shire & Surrounds Business Member

I remember the way I discovered "the peninsula". It was about 4-5 years ago and I was flying into Brisbane on a northern arrival and from the air, I happened to notice the natural land lock. I was intrigued and spent the next couple of months researching the area and suburbs nearby and the shire itself. I was surprised at some of the growth drivers that seemed perfectly poised to propel the area forward and invested. It's great to see that solid research pays off as the area seems to be experiencing the growth now. Thanks for sharing.

15. wombat777

16. ej89

ej89 Well-Known Member

17. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Forget about the NW...yesterday's new...and will be a correcting/flat market over 2018-2024.

Moreton Bay during this period...will go through a massive spurt for the following reasons:

1. University at Petrie
    2. Westfield/Commercial precinct at Northlakes
    3. Upgrades at Brissie airport and associated road upgrades will make it attractive to live in Moreton
    4. Very undervalued compared to location...once the inner areas go up..it will be next over Logan or Ipswich or Redlands..

wombat777 and MorganHB like this.
  18. ej89

ej89 Well-Known Member

Lol look forward to you purchasing there then....
    NW is premium with huge income earners. I hope North lakes has a similar demographic as I own in Newport

19. Shawn

Shawn Well-Known Member

I know it's just out of MBRC but I was in Deception Bay today and went to 6 opens; no locals attended the opens, just investors from Sydney, Melbourne and even Perth.

Met a lovely couple who had grown up in Redcliffe and moved into their investment property in D Bay about 12 months ago. They reckon the area is changing by day for the better.

20. sash

sash Well-Known Member

NW is well and truly fully priced with very little upside...and people up to their ears in debt.

Moreton Bay upswing is just starting.