QLD Hype Moreton Bay Shire Qld

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by sash, 16th Apr, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Yep..the lit trees at Scarborough look really amazing....as I said...matter of time before Brisbanites discover the gems in their backyard...

Also....Redliffe shopping and restaurant strip is usually hopping on a warm day.....some really nice restaurants are popping up. Also...lots of real estate agents....

2. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

But I think I am kinda with the others from Bris in that

1 These places are not new - the locals know and have not flocked there
    2 Most migration is Melb and Sydney - lot os space to fill closer to CBD

I think it will grow, for sure though, so with you all on that.....the masses moving there may be a cycle or three away :)

We intend to go and spend a lot more time around that area and have a really good understanding of the layout/geography, we will pass this cycle I think and see how Bris holds up and the economy goes.

Whitecat likes this.
  3. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Already happening....it looks like I will make 100k each on the Moreton Bay stuff..most were bought in the last 2 years.

Now I need to South to do the same....

Hanison likes this.
  4. Aether

Aether Active Member

I agree there are lots of open spaces between the CBD and the Redcliffe peninsula, however, isn't most of it subject to flooding and not ready to be developed anytime soon?

What are some suburbs you see as currently having large amounts of space ready to be developed now or in the near future?

5. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Ok price up any land and then a house via a builder. See if you can get under 450k fully complete. The end price should indicate where values on established prices should be. No offence but the people making statements about how expensive it is to develop land in Brisbane. Their developer charges are insane unlike Melbourne.

6. dabbler

What's that...40% growth in 2 years. If you got that, well done, but the average punter is not :)

I do not know, but I think the point is that if a majority of the locals want to be near the CBD, then that will grow faster than elsewhere, although there seem to be pockets further out that people do like, Bracken Ridge come to mind, North Lakes is popular, so it is just a time thing. Also horse has bolted for close in.

Long term it has to all come good, assuming population growth and improvements over time to the city in general.

Also, like Sash says, people panic about available land, but that has merit to a point, you have to also think that all development and building also only ever goes up, this will keep growth at some sort of level for existing stock, again, assuming population growth.

What you really all should be spruiking, or asking the pollies for, is a repeat of Costellos calls to have more babies !

7. sash

sash Well-Known Member

I wish 40% gain...that was over 6 years for Margate and Dbay

But have had the following results:

1. Strathpine 3x1x1 bought for 301k in Aug 2015 plus 8k reno...now worth 370k plus

2. Clontarf 3x1x1 bought for 325k April 2016...bought well under market...price point would be 365k plus easy.

I am an average punter......I just take a lot more punts....

PoBoy, Hanison and Mumbai like this.
  8. dabbler

That is still not shabby over that time, but you probably bought well still.

C'mon Sash...your far from the average punter, even on the forum you are probably above average, the average probably does not even know outside the local area.

9. sash

sash Well-Known Member

I learnt off this bloke for a taste of my whisky.... ;):D:p

10. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Watch this space people...Brissie and places like Moreton Bay just got more fuel added via the Interest Rate cuts and Budget.

The locals...will move as FOMO hits them....

hpresident likes this.
  11. markson

markson Well-Known Member

Any experts on the Deception Bay area able to assist with flood checking. I have tried online and the best I get is this, which says 0.1% AEP

Can't find anywhere that tells me if a street/house has flooded before.

The area in question is Beaufort Place Deception Bay

image.png

12. dabbler

the 287 one ? I do not think it is a flood effected place, but is over priced if you look at recent sales IMO.

You can do a google search to see what places flooded last year, was in one main area it seems, but there is some flood effected not far from the one your talking about.

13. markson

markson Well-Known Member

That was one. Also #17. A lot closer to the water

14. montoya

montoya Well-Known Member

Taku Ekanayake and wombat777 like this.
  15. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

Good news for Kallangur to Kippa

16. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Yes...and also the whole Moreton Bay region.......watch this space....patience rewards all....prices have already moved about 20% since 2014...

17. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

18. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

PD News - NEWS FLASH

The Mill at Moreton Bay declared a Priority Development Area
    Petrie's former paper mill site and surrounding areas will be transformed into a world-class innovation and knowledge precinct, following its declaration as Queensland's next Priority Development Area (PDA).

A new name for the precinct was also unveiled today - 'The Mill at Moreton Bay'.

Deputy Premier and Minister for Planning Jackie Trad joined Moreton Bay Regional Council Mayor Allan Sutherland on site to make the historic declaration.

"Over the next 20 years, this prime piece of land will be transformed into a vibrant urban community, with Petrie town centre and the new University of the Sunshine Coast (USC) campus at its core, surrounded by a mix of residential, commercial and recreational facilities," Ms Trad said.

"The Mill will be an engine room of economic activity for the Moreton Bay Region, expected to support more than 6,000 jobs by 2036 in fields such as education, technology, health, research, commercial and retail, not to mention up to 20,000 students and 7,200 residents."

Mayor Allan Sutherland said his council was setting out a bold vision for the region's future.

"With our population expected to grow by 40 per cent over the next 20 years, including more than 67,000 18-24 year olds, it's imperative that we put plans in place now to create employment and education opportunities for the future," Mayor Sutherland said.

"The Mill will help future-proof our economy, shifting local job opportunities from our historic 'blue-collar' manufacturing and retail industries, to a workforce focused on knowledge and innovation. It will also help promote our natural environment and active lifestyle."

Key features of 'The Mill at Moreton Bay' PDA are:

• 460 hectares of land spanning Petrie, Kallangur and Lawnton
    • Revitalised Petrie town centre
    • University of the Sunshine Coast Petrie campus at its core
    • 10,000 students by 2030 growing to 20,000 at full
    • More than 100 university degrees by 2030 including law, business, science, engineering and speciality courses such as mechatronics
    • 100 direct jobs per year through university construction alone
    • More than 6,000 ongoing jobs by 2036, mostly in knowledge-based fields
    • New retail and commercial space and residential development
    • Encompassing Petrie and Kallangur train stations, to promote transit oriented development and public transport use
    • Sporting facilities, parklands and shared pedestrian and cycle pathways
    • 110 hectares conservation land, including 16 hectares of lakes.
    With the PDA now declared, Moreton Bay Regional Council will work closely with the State Government and the community to finalise a development scheme for the site.

Taku Ekanayake likes this.
  19. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Aiiii yahhhh.. Not a short term thing. 2030/2036 for it to be fully up and running?

20. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

20y is perfect term for most property investors ... the very reason mom and dad types invest in property