QLD Hype Moreton Bay Shire Qld

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by sash, 16th Apr, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Coota9

Coota9 Well-Known Member

Yep article states house and land..

House and Land.JPG

Hanison likes this.
  2. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

Its a hype thread after all...

Hanison likes this.
  3. Drizzt Do'urden

Drizzt Do'urden Well-Known Member

Not at all! At only 11 pages this thread still has a long way to go before it catches up to the "Brisbane looks good" thread which is racing ahead at 430 pages.

4. Drizzt Do'urden

5. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

We've worked extensively with Villaworld and I can confirm that those are house and land prices.

Villaworld is quite unique in that they master plan and construct their developments somewhat independently of the sales process. If you buy towards the end of the development you can often get a fully completed house straight away, the first home buyers LOVE that.

Their homes are well designed, well specified and almost always excellent value for money. The best part is that they don't work with marketers and most of their projects have a very high (70-90%) proportion of owner occupiers.
    Our experience has been that the owner occupiers always love the homes and the fewer investors have got a great return (compared to other H&L packages).

If anyone is curious about that Strathpine project, let me know and I'll help out with any details, with no pressure :)

propertylad likes this.
  6. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

Ooops! My bad you are correct! I guess it will still have a marginal impact on median. Sorry, misread the release.

Screen Shot 2017-08-25 at 7.11.26 pm.png

7. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Great stuff....my house in Strathpine bought in 2015 for 300k just went up ....

8. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

That's all we need in Brisbane, whether it be Strathpine etc - more supply:rolleyes:

Paula Ospina and Hanison like this.
  9. propertylad

propertylad Well-Known Member

I agree, more supply is not ideal and a little concerned my local BA didn't pick this up but looking at it objectively...

If the median is sitting just under $400k for Strathpine and prices are starting from $460k assuming the smallest block size then surely that will help lift established prices. Let's say the median price of the new project is around the $500k mark there's a $100k gap which will close especially as new stock gets smaller. I'd be more worried as a developer competing with established stock but if there's one thing they're great at it's pushing up land prices whilst reducing the land size from under your nose.

Assuming you all bought a house with good land component of course ;)

Maybe it's the optimist in me but bring on the added amenity and exposure for the suburb.

10. sash

sash Well-Known Member

That is exactly right...that is what happened in Werribee in Victoria..as the newer stock gets more expensive the older stock moves up in price....

So once they selling post early stages in the 5s....the older stock will be more likely to be 450k minimum..

11. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

@propertylad - did you get a chance to visit the area as part of your research? The main part of the town is in need of some redevelopment/modernisation.

12. propertylad

propertylad Well-Known Member

Unfortunately not hence relaying on our BA but I've done a fly through of most of the town through google maps. Looked like a town with some character and solid fundamentals.

Hopefully that comes with new investment trickling down from Petrie and new zoning, more rates etc.

13. Drizzt Do'urden

Looks like there was either a mistake in the original information or the neighbours are getting together to try and get a better deal.

It's now 3 properties toalling 3912m2.

4 8 & 10 Buckby Street Strathpine Qld 4500 - House for Sale #126219234 - realestate.com.au

wombat777 likes this.
  14. bobbyj

bobbyj Well-Known Member

Well picked

Attached Files:

mikey7 and wombat777 like this.
  15. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Ta....it looks like Brissie is starting to kick ....Redcliffe areas and around Strathpine..and possibly Dbay are ones to go for....in MBRC.

16. BB5

BB5 Well-Known Member

I'd much rather the Hills district. Ferny hills, arana hills etc. Much closer to city and nicer areas.

17. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

They are coming off a higher buy-in price. They might as well be Brisbane - for all intents they class themselves as Brisbane and tried to get themselves taken off MBRC last local govt election.

18. fleathedog

fleathedog Well-Known Member

This is just up the road from where I bought my first property (which I currently live in), and I think it's a good thing. Once that plot is developed, there will be no non-flood prone land left in Strathpine. The sales of new, $460k+ properties will definitely push up median values, and add to the population of younger families in the area.

There will be an increase in supply - there were 160~ house sales in Strathpine in 2015 and 2016, and this new development will add another 380 over "around four years", so about 95 per year. It's worth considering though, that brand new houses on a new estate are a different product to established homes. Many people will only be in the market for a new house, and many others will only be in the market for an established house, because of the larger land holdings that they typically sit on.

In any case, even though there will be a short-medium term increase in supply, I think the positives outweigh that 1 major negative for long term investors in the area.

19. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Exactly...the key is lack of FLOOD FREE land.....this applies to not only areas around Strathpine buy also around Redcliffe. Stockand has an estate near Newport...but prices are insane.

20. fleathedog

fleathedog Well-Known Member

I walk past this every weekday on the way to the station, so I'm very curious as to what (if anything) happens here. Without actually knowing anything about property development, my impression is that it would be premature to develop the whole site to it's maximum allowable use. It will be a different story once the Petrie Uni development is up and running though.