HWS Capacity for Single Bedroom Unit

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by Ghoti, 23rd Jun, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Other than the tenant, what has changed in the last 50 years (or recently) to need more hot water?

A larger capacity hws is physically bigger, can you still accommodate it in the same location?

2. Ghoti

Ghoti Well-Known Member

Perhaps modern expectations? lol

Once the shower head is replaced it will be interesting to see what its like. The place (of similar vintage) my daughter previously rented had a similar set up apparently and she never had issues with hot water. Maybe the HWS was newer???

As for space, certainly could not put a higher unit in, but (if possible/practical) could easily put a second unit in the same space.

Attached Files:

3. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

4. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

You have more than one person using the place, 50l is easy plenty for one, or even a couple, your tenants are wasting hot water or the tank is not heating enough.

I would prob have a 120l but, or an 80l, but heaps of places have 50's

5. Ghoti

Ghoti Well-Known Member

Well...she's had the shower head replaced and not much different. PM has told her to call a plumber (at her cost) and if faulty then Land Lord will fix. Fair enough.

Curious though. This is the third single bed unit she's rented, all of similar age, but never had hot water issues before. I can only presume they would have had similar capacity hws.