Hunter Valley kitchen recommendations

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Lizzie, 8th Feb, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Happy to go flat pack although - once, just once - it would be nice for install.

Reading reviews on all the big guys (Good Guys, Ikea, Freedom etc) seems like a pot luck 50/50 great/terrible gamble.

Been looking at a few of the local guys and their reviews seem much in the same vein - some love, some hate - just add in "swore at me".

I'm not looking for low budget, but would like to get value for money. That rules out a lot of the "franchised" locals as they charge like wounded bulls by playing on their name.

Any recommendations?

2. balwoges

balwoges Well-Known Member

I had my kitchen updated recently, new granite bench tops, new double sink and a dishwasher installed. Dishwasher space wasn't in the kitchen so had to cut out a space to install one and reconfigure the cupboard doors and plumbing. Stone Obsessions did all this and I am very happy with the result, they are a family business and are based in Redhead, Newcastle.

Based on the quotes I got they were competitive but I think you get what you pay for ...

3. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Thanks for that - I'm not after benchtops, as have that covered - just a kitchen design (doing my head in), bases and fronts

4. balwoges

balwoges Well-Known Member

They do all things kitchen, call Margaret and talk to her, they are very helpful. I found most kitchen people will only do a full restoration, they do bits and pieces.

Lizzie likes this.
  5. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Lizzie likes this.
  6. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Have you looked at freedom?
    I didn't realise freedom did kitchens. ... somehow i didn't connect the kitchens on The Block with the logo's plastered over them saying"freedom"!:confused:
    They do budget flat pack plus made to measure

Do you have a freedom nearby?

Anyone else done a freedom kitchen?

7. tomlemke

tomlemke Well-Known Member

If you wanna go local give Valley kitchens a call, I used them at my last place and was really happy with them.