Travel & Holidays Hunter valley easter accommodation

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Mumbai, 2nd Feb, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Mumbai

Mumbai Well-Known Member

Does anyone have/know a entire house for staying over easter break? We are 6 adults and 3 children.
    Needs to be near places of interest and deli/supermarket. Let me know if you guys have any recommendations.

2. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Gee - there are about a million places up here ... what is your budget? Have you had a look yet?

We have Belford Cottages - 6 self contained cottages - 3x2bed (sleeps up to 6) and 2x4 bed (one sleeps 8 - one sleeps 10). Need to book thru the manager and I'm not sure what's available.

Only problem is they are about 15 minutes out of Cessnock itself - but there is accommodation coming out the ears in Pokolbin/Lovedale.

3. Mr Dabolina

Mr Dabolina Well-Known Member

Check out airbnb...

4. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

Sounds lovely Lizzie. How are you finding the rental of your properties? Easy to rent out?

5. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

And I have an airbnb referral code if you want to Mumbai... pm me if you want it.

6. Mumbai

Mumbai Well-Known Member

Thanks Lizzie. Budget is around 1k. I have had a look at airbnb, booking, etc and will keep looking. I has heard that some forumites have airbnb listing or holiday rentals, so thought I will check here too.

What do you mean by "problem is they are about 15 minutes out of Cessnock itself"?

7. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

Crowne Plaza is good. You can get 2 or 3br villa styled accommodation. I don't recall how close it is to Woolies...it is relatively close.

Depends on how many nights. I don't recall the pricing.

Mumbai likes this.
  8. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Well - you said you wanted it near the deli/supermarket ... for us 15 mins is a long way as I live 4 minutes out of town, surrounded by 100 acre blocks with several cafes/restaurants within 2 minutes ... although the vineyards and restaurants are coming out to meet to cottages :D. They're more "on the fringe" of Pokolbin - although are surrounded by wineries, it's not in the civilised "hub" to Roche Estate, Hunter Valley Gardens Sabor etc. The axis for the area is more the Broke Rd/McDonalds Rd area - although price does then go up significantly.

The cottages do have nearby several restaurants of differing quality - can totally recommend EXP for "blow you mind dining" at an okay price - Muse Kitchen for taste sensation that will leave you full, but can be a bit exxy - there is Matilda Bay Brewery, which is like a big pub with outdoor eating - and I have heard fantastic things about Botannica but have never been. I can never go past Sabor (dessert bar) for a treat and Twine on Sundays local night set Mezze plates is awesome at $50/head (plus drinks) with kids 12 and under eat free

In Cessnock there are 4 supermarkets - Coles, Woolies, Aldi and IGA - along with Target, BigW, dozens of bottle shops and chemists ... really everything one needs

Mumbai likes this.
  9. Chilliblue

Chilliblue Well-Known Member

10. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Easy to rent - especially to groups who want to be together but have some privacy ... the cottages are far enough from each other, but a skip and a jump walking distance. Helps there is a games room with pool/table tennis tables and bbq attached to the swimming pool (each cottage also has a bbq too). Big Greek/Italian families and wedding parties seem to love it.

We are finding out about the cycles of income, but pretty happy so far considering how run down it had gotten (which is why we go such a good price) - weekends are just about always fully booked - then usually fully booked mid-week during school hols - and around 50% occupancy during mid-week the rest of the year with "grey nomads".

Currently mobbing off the mortgage at a great rate - but repairs and maintenance, to bring it back up to standard, chewed up a big wad of cash last year. Still lots to do as I would like to upgrade the rest of the beds - replace the 30yr old cooktops - and repaint a few of the cottages this year.

11. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

sounds great to me...especially the "Currently mobbing off the mortgage at a great rate"

12. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

13. Mumbai

Mumbai Well-Known Member

Lizzie and Property Twins like this.
  14. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

Price Accounting provide tax services and advice to developers on issues incl GST, Tax + Structure. Our free developer toolkit covers many of the key elements and is critical to a new development tax plan. Email for your copy and our new client pack.