Howdy!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by curtleyw, 22nd Aug, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. curtleyw

curtleyw Member

G'day everyone,
    I've signed up to PC because I'm looking to start in the property market.
    I'm 27 and have finally decided on my career path. I'm in my first year of an Electrician apprenticeship with the state power distributor.
    My partner and I do like the north side of Brisbane. My job is based on the north side (at the moment I'm working out of Caboolture). My partner is a school teacher and works about 2 hours northwest of Brisbane. She is in teacher accomodation and returns for the weekend.
    We are beginning to look for our first home with the chance it will become an IP, depending on where the jobs are at the end of my apprenticeship in 3.5 years time.
    At the moment we rent in Mitchelton and would like a place in this area (Keperra looks good), however our budget ($400k) means we are looking further out (Kallangur) at the moment.
    I'm looking forward to filling my spare time with open houses, and reading PC. :)

samiam, Colin Rice and MTR like this.
  2. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

Welcome aboard :)

Cheers

Jamie

3. Jerry O

Jerry O Well-Known Member

Heya @curtleyw

Welcome aboard! Just keep reading here and educate yourself more.

Have you considered buying an IP first before your own home and have the flexibility of renting anywhere close to your work?

4. curtleyw

curtleyw Member

Thanks for the welcome guys!

@Jerry O
    At the moment I am happy with the distance to work, I drive opposite to the traffic everyday.
    The plan is to purchase a PPR that is in need of some loving, poke along and do some renovations while interest rates are low. Then in 3.5 - 4 years time when my apprenticeship is complete reassess to either stay, hold as an IP or use the CG to buy depending on where we are able to get jobs.
    That's why I have my eyes on Kallangur. With the new university precinct to open in 2020, the timing seems to be right.
    The missus is sick of renting, I think she just wants to put some nails in walls ;)
    We are in a great location in Mitchelton that will be hard to give up!

Colin Rice likes this.
  5. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Hey @curtleyw , welcome aboard.
    I really like the Mitchelton area, bought in Keperra as well. Only 9kms from the city. Underrated in my opinion.

6. Colin Rice

Colin Rice Mortgage Broker Business Member

Welcome to PC.

I like your ideas. Keep going and you should do well.

Cheers.

7. 733

733 Well-Known Member

Welcome! Keperra has some good value at the moment - have a read of the different threads on where to buy - some very helpful and sound advise

8. Steven Ryan

Steven Ryan Well-Known Member

Welcome @curtleyw. You've struck gold by finding this forum.

A bunch of my clients are buying northside. If their research is anything to go off, should work out well. Doing renos will be a great move to add value as well.

Enjoy your stay and all the best!