Howd’y Ho Good PC People

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Woofyted, 21st Feb, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Woofyted

Woofyted Member

Hi to all,

Firstly, a well overdue thanks for the many hours of property chat reading and information I’ve enjoyed over the last year or so.

A bit about me, currently live in Sydney in PPOR and don’t have any IP’s. Would like to change that over the next 12-24 months. Have a hubby and a couple of kids 8 & 6. Live in Inner West but possibility of a move on the cards as hubby has been offered a role in Melbourne CBD starting end of May. All very new and I’m a little nervous about the idea. So seeking some advice and opinion from others who have relocated family and lives for career opportunity!

We would be looking to rent initially and obviously rent out PPOR. I’m comfortable with that however, have some concerns regarding kids moving school, relocation costs and the fact we will be starting afresh with no family or friends in new city. Hubby is super keen and excited which I get, but I want to be sure we have considered different scenarios and challenges before jumping in. Any thoughts and responses welcomed.

2. Eric Wu

Eric Wu Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum @Woofyted

Sounds like an exciting journey. My neighbor moved from sydnSy to Melbourne middle last year (a bit like your situation, husband changed job), kids changed to new childcare, they leased thier own home other, and renting in Melbourne. Spoke with them at Xmas time, they seemed very happy with the change.

All the best to your change.