How would your life be different if.........

Discussion in 'Investor Psychology & Mindset' started by MTR, 1st Jan, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Kate Moloney

Kate Moloney Well-Known Member

Too many sheep in this world, we need more leaders .... it takes courage to be in front of the pack especially when the sheep are giving you a lot of flak for it....

MTR and Xenia like this.
  2. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

I try to find the best solution (outcome) in any scenario i'm faced with, and also try to find any positives. It works for me.

Sackie, wylie and Xenia like this.
  3. Kate Moloney

Finding the positives in a challenge is a good habit. Its just when people have this delusional fantasy of never ending profits, perfect people who will never harm you etc.... that it becomes a problem. Thats why I prefer presence, then I see everything just as it is.

Xenia likes this.
  4. Gockie

What you just described is really telling yourself a lie - deluding yourself. Rarely ever good.

Eric Wu likes this.
  5. Kate Moloney

In what way?

Where is the lie specifically?

6. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I must be completely and totally delusional then :) Ahh.. life is bli$$....

7. Kate Moloney

your not getting what I'm saying LOL .... its about learning to love all of life, just as it is, through the highs and lows. We all have challenges, its how we face them that matters most. If you can love life when its kicked you to your knees (e.g. losing millions like I have) then you can love life at any time

There are people out there who chase delusional fantasies on how life should be, and they end up depressed and manic, because sometimes you get thrown a **** sandwhich. Sometimes you make money, sometimes you lose it, sometimes you meet awesome people, sometimes you trust the wrong people and get screwed.... thats life ... just embrace it all is what I'm saying. Be present to each moment and see things for what they are ... moments.

BigKahuna and Xenia like this.
  8. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I hear what your saying....:) I just don't think I could ever be like that. If I lost millions of hard earned dollars... first... I would go through a massive depression. Then after 1 week of that I would go through feelings of anger at myself...after a week of that I would be looking desperately how to dig my way out....and after that I would be desperately looking to climb the ladder again to rebuild what I lost and more.

I don't think I could ever be happy losing millions tbh..and be OK with that.. but that's just me. Not to say the next person couldn't.

9. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

I think I get Kate and where she is coming from, she is talking about being present and not putting a story on a given problem. The natural reaction to losing a lot of money is sadness, anger, frustration, an attempt to understand, dig yourself out of it etc... I would be worried if you were happy about losing money - that's not human.

The story you place on it later is what can hurt you, you can make up stories about yourself (I'm not good enough - leads to depression, anxiety etc) or about other people - externalised ie "you can't trust anyone, everything is a lie" - leads to fear.

None of these stories are true and all are out of programs and not in present time. The only truth there is is that "you just lost money" - nothing else.

It's not the event that hurts you, in the long run it's the story you make up about it and believe that ends up hurting you.

Losing money certainly does not feel good but if you stay present and do not identify the event with your self worth or fear, you are more likely to stay focused and do what you need to do to get back on track again.

I have written a book, published last year called "don't believe everything you think or feel" - it's about the anatomy of the human mind and what programs can run people and how to be yourself and do life through the real you and not your programs. I think you will really relate to it Leo (from what I know about you through your posts) and I'm happy to send it to you (or anyone else who is interested) - email me and I will attach as a PDF.

MTR, freyja, Kate Moloney and 3 others like this.
  10. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

@Xenia I get it now after you explained it me that way.. some of us are thick you know :D

I would love the book, can I purchase it from you rather than getting a freebie?

11. Gockie

Great explaination @Xenia!

Sackie likes this.
  12. Kate Moloney

First of all, when I say love life all of life through the highs and lows.... the definition of LOVE in this society is puppy love, infatuation at its best .........real love according to John Demartini is "the syncronisity and synthesis of complementary opposites"

That means that everything in your life always balances out. You never lose anything, it only transforms....

For example, lets say our properties dropped in value $4 million. The perception of loss needs to be balanced out. So I looked in my life for where I had gained $4 million and it didn't need to be in a financial sense.

example: what I gained and what value I put on it

1) stronger marriage (worth: million)s
    2) better relationship with myself, more secure with who I am, empowered, happy (worth:millions)
    3) peaceful life, better lifestyle (worth? hundreds of thousands of dollars)
    4) Mum moved to Moranbah, we got very close (worth? millions)

so I kept looking until I could balance my perceptions and see that I hadn't lost anything at all. In that moment I was able to say THANK YOU, I LOVE YOU to my financial losses. I got present with my problems & in the presence was able to look for a solution.

Presence is about acceptance and not putting a meaning or a story on it like @Xenia said. When you have a story or limiting beliefs, you need to dismantle it, this I worked on everyday.......

@Leo2413 I certainly had all those feelings, anger, depression, shame ... its wasn't all sunshine and daisies, so what I chose to do was incorporate a regular daily practice on my mindset (which i still do to this day). When I cleared my emotions, I got present and its the space between your thoughts where you hear the creativity of your soul/intuition/higher mind (whatever you want to call it). Thats when life gets very groovy.

It is possible to be emotional sad/depressed/angry etc AND still have a sense of deep inner peace at the same time. The inner peace for me was a knowing that despite my financial situation, I was on the right path. When you are true to yourself, no matter how painful a situation is, you will feel inner peace. Everything happens for you, not to you. When you have that attitude then you don't see a "bad" situation as a personal attack, you look for the divine order and trust there is a bigger picture to everything. There is love in every moment of your life, if you look for it.

Thanks to our financial losses, I wrote a book and am helping people in similar situations to myself. In a situation where hardly anyone is helping out (the "experts" ran a mile...), my actions may be saving lives. After what I've been through, I wonder if there is a plan greater than us and that we all have a destiny or purpose to fulfil.......I would never have done any of this had we not had the financial losses ... would still be delusional, shallow, basing my worth solely on money & hanging out with people who didn't have my best interests at heart....That is why I love our financial losses ....they served me.

The problem with what you suggested, is that if people try to move forward without making peace with their problems and seeing the love ...... then they just drag the crap of the past, limiting beliefs etc into the future. What are you going to create from that space? More crap?

13. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Good post Kate. I agree and disagree on some things but good post. Thanks for taking the time to write it.

Kate Moloney likes this.
  14. Kate Moloney

Thats life, 50% of people will agree, 50% of people will disagree.....and I will just keep being me.

Not here to change or convert people, just here to share a story. How its received is none of my business. I don't have all the answers, don't always get it right, nor am I perfect, just sharing whats true for me from life's experiences.

Have an awesome day :)

Gockie likes this.
  15. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Thanks... but its never an awesome day when council is part of the day's agenda i'm afriad..

Kate Moloney likes this.
  16. Gockie

when people have this delusional fantasy of never ending profits, perfect people who will never harm you etc...
    Apologies. Not the right choice of word. Its not so much a lie per se but I'd say its not seeing or believing the reality, which has led to trouble.

Last edited: 4th Jan, 2016
  17. Kate Moloney

What are the benefits in dealing with the council ?

18. Kate Moloney

All good. Yes, See reality , not your meaning of reality. :)

Gockie likes this.
  19. Dwalsh

Dwalsh Well-Known Member

I have tattoos Arm was done when I was 16 haha no one would pick me for or a property investor that is for sure lol

20. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

a small chance you can get them to hurry up passing 1 piece of paper to their colleague down the hall after two weeks of it sitting on their desk.. Just make sure you have your bottle of high blood pressure tablets full.

Really they are not that bad.............ok they are.

Xenia likes this.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia