How would your life be different if.........

Discussion in 'Investor Psychology & Mindset' started by MTR, 1st Jan, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

All that positive thinking and anthony Robbins type stuff makes me sick too - not my thing at all.

Not judging others however is not associated with positive thinking hippy type stuff which is just meaningless drivel. It's about focusing your energy towards what you want in life, staying on track to your own goals and what you want in life.

Judging others requires energy and requires you to believe your own lies you make up about the world and other people - it's not even about the other person, it's self sabotage, taking your focus away from what is important in your life.

When you look at it from a different perspective, from above, it's boring. Why would you want to make up an entire story about someone you don't even know - it's just entertaining yourself and adds no value to your life.

It's not about liking everyone, you can quickly make a descision that a particular personality, person is not going to work for you and cut ties. I do this often, there are a lot of people I don't like, but there is no more energy apart from that.

But here is the other thing, nothing wrong with it if you want to do it, this thread is about questioning if you should and whether you can get further if you don't and focus your energy I stead on what's important.

MTR likes this.
  2. Adele

Adele Well-Known Member

The answer to that would be, I'd be ripped off a lot.:D My negative judgement is geared more towards attitude than appearances though.

Rixter, MTR and Sackie like this.
  3. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Xenia
    pop psychology not my thing either, all to their own

What you have posted resonates is fascinating once you get your head around it, took a while:)

Xenia likes this.
  4. Kesse

Kesse Well-Known Member

I guess we'll never be friends... ;)

158 and D.T. like this.
  5. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

:)
    If its all over... I guess not. ;)

Sackie likes this.
  6. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Agreed...but it is also important to maintain perspective...focus is ok...but so is not being focused. Sometimes...I am slow to come to a conclusion but once made..it is hard to move me.

The world is made up of followers and leaders....there is very little of the latter....

7. keithj

keithj Well-Known Member

I strongly disagree with this too.... "When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir?" is attributed to Keynes.

That 98% get lumped into a neutral basket (not a negative basket) , the other 2% gets put into the positive basket. It's v. easy for anyone in that 98% to switch baskets - those false negatives just need to demonstrate some positive qualities. Even those with tatts can make the switch, as demonstrated by @Kinnon Bell .

And that ratio varies depending on the environment - SS & PC have a lower proportion of ********s than the general population, some of the 'other' forums out there higher.

Again as @Player mentioned, many would lump a lot less than 98% in the not immediately positive basket. However, I've recently discovered that a few others here (@Biz @Bayview, @Leo2413 to name but a few) are also afflicted with LDT (Low ******** Tolerance) Syndrome - maybe we do need an exclusive sub-forum to ourselves ? :eek:

RetireRich101, Sackie and D.T. like this.
  8. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Strongly agree. And i have seen it more than a few times. After talking on multiple occasions to some people re retirement, future finances, wealth creation etc... suddenly one day they themselves snapped. Some ***** clicked in their minds and they instantly left the 98% to join the 2%. And 4 of 5 of them i know strongly followed though. Did budgets, got educated via books/networking and all have multimillion dollar portfolios today. I know this for a fact because they are all ex-colleageus at the last place i used to work. One of them the other day told me shes never put in so much effort on anything as she has this but shes the happiest she's been in her life now.

Last edited: 3rd Jan, 2016
    D.T. and Gockie like this.
  9. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Lets see how happy she is when she is struggling on the pension....

10. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

why would she struggle on the pension now that shes building some wealth.. Or am i
    misunderstanding your post?

11. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Might have misunderstood the post...looks like she is now building wealth.

I thought she is the happiest she has been...as she is happy not to try. ;)

Looks like she has taken personal accountability.

12. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Absolutely going to be a lot harder to make money in property following years because times are a changing, but I am sure some will continue to do well.

As far as all this positive stuff, is it all positive?? getting lots of feedback, many do not agree with what I posted and have a totally different perspective, all to their own.

MTR:)

BigKahuna, Kate Moloney and Xenia like this.
  13. sash

sash Well-Known Member

No not all positive ...therein lies opportunity. ;):D

14. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

The low hanging fruit may have been picked but there'll always be opportunities for those who seek them out. Markets change, prices stagnate & fall, zonings change, interest rates vary, appetite for risk may wane etc.

It may not be residential or property at all could be in arbitrage, hybrids, new technologies or whatever.

Sackie and MTR like this.
  15. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I agree, different market/strategies.
    I will still be developing property and looking for sites that work.

MTR:)

Xenia and Sackie like this.
  16. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

@sash np, yup she is mate. Dont know why i dont get alerts sometimes when someone mentions my name. But yea she and 3 others have gone hard. Especially her. Sold the boat. Cut the credit cards. She stop playing the blame game. Took absolute personal responsibility. All that with 3 kids and husband on lower income i think. Full respect to her.

Last edited: 3rd Jan, 2016
    ellejay, freyja, D.T. and 1 other person like this.
  17. sash

sash Well-Known Member

All good then...

18. Kate Moloney

Kate Moloney Well-Known Member

Positive thinking is actually negative. It keeps you deluded, its just a movement that was created for a bunch of people that couldn't accept that life has its ups and downs.

Choose presence over positivity....

Xenia likes this.
  19. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

Perfect in every way Kate.

Kate Moloney likes this.
  20. Kate Moloney

Kate Moloney Well-Known Member

yes times are changing, lots of change ahead of us. Those who don't evolve will go extinct...

Xenia and RetireRich101 like this.